Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wanna talk about Coco.....

User Info Menu

Re: Wanna talk about Coco.....

When we were in Negril at Christmas/NY the beach at Coco was very crowded compared to last year. Can't comment on the service etc as we weren't staying there, but last year we did and it was slow at that time as well. We love Coco, but I don't see us staying there again during busy season, too much $$$ for what they have to offer at that time of year. I've heard talk of renovating the existing rooms, so that would probably help...

VVHT - the superior rooms are all ground floor, they are the only ones with the covered patios (other than the oceanfront rooms). The new 1st & 2nd floor rooms are deluxe rooms and the 3rd floor ones are Coco Suites. They don't seem to show on their website yet...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by onthecorner View Post
    I love the Coco la Palm but it seems as if the added rooms may have cut the overall quality of the resort. Was kinda wondering if anybody who has stayed there can offer any insite into this.....much respect, onthecorner
    onthecorner, when do you plan on staying at CCLP? If you are staying during the slow season, then it's likely the crowds won't be a problem. It looks like most of the negative reviews are coming from people who have stayed there recently, at the peak of the busy season. Also, as others have said, the additional rooms are a new thing, so I'm sure they are experiencing growing pains.

User Info Menu

Good stuff, thanks everyone!

VVHT

User Info Menu

Just booked!

Thank you,

VVHT

User Info Menu

hi mike d.....have rooms booked for next jan so im hoping some of their problems will be worked out by then......love the coco and just hope they get things straightened out........VVHT, have a great trip and let us know what you think when you get back.

User Info Menu

Just booked cclp today for next Monday? Anyway guess I will find out how crowded next Monday!
    Trip #59 most of February

User Info Menu

We just spent the day there with MIss G's sister.

I'll post a report sometime soon.

Cap
    Linston's Zion Hill Taxi

Captain Dave

User Info Menu

You will have No Worries at CoCo~~
    "I'll love you till the stars fall out of the sky "

:cool

User Info Menu

We have stayed at coco almost every year for 15 yrs. we decided to change to charela this year because the beach has been more and more crowded each year and knowing they added rooms made the decision easy. Can't wait 2 weeks tomorrow.

User Info Menu

Mtig, please report back after your stay at Charela. We've been staying at Coco for five years but I've considered looking elsewhere. We'll be back at Coco in May, but I like to hear others' thoughts on nearby places. I love that stretch of beach right there.