Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Blizzard Of The Millenium

User Info Menu

Blizzard Of The Millenium

For all those of you lucky enough to be vacationing (or even better residing in Negril) I thought you might want to know exactly how fortunate you really are.

For those of us unlucky enough to be in the direct path of JUNO especially those who have had flights to Jamaica (and elsewhere cancelled) stock up and dig in.

Any photos and video's of Y'all having a blast in Negril are appreciated!!!

Wish I was there!!!

User Info Menu

Re: Blizzard Of The Millenium

johng with you! we are in southern NJ where their not exactly sure what we are getting yet, 12 to 18 as of now - but so wish I was sitting on the beach in Negril.

User Info Menu

West of Boston and we are expecting 2' to 3' of the white stuff! Governor just declared a state of emergency starting at midnight tonight.

No worries, I pushed the button for Negril today!!

Let it snow!

VVHT soon come!

WOOOOO HOOOOO

User Info Menu

We are flying out of Philly Wednesday morning for 3 weeks in Ecuador, and crossing our fingers our flights will be on time.
    Regards,
    bob

User Info Menu

The waves were a bit higher than normal today

Cap
    Linston's Zion Hill Taxi

Captain Dave

User Info Menu

Cap to your knowledge did it ever snow in Jamaica??? Storm here not as bad as originally thought. Airports up here should be operational pretty soon so hopefully everybody gets to their destinations especially Negril very soon.

User Info Menu

lol here in northern Michigan we consider that a dusting but know what its like to have vacation delayed We lost 3 days of our trip to Negril 1 year , that's how long traverse city airport was closed so we were stranded at the holiday for 3 days. We had planned on spending the night and flying out early in the morn, By midnight we knew that was not going to happen because our car was buried under a snow drift as with all the cars were in the parking lot. To add
    insult to injury the first night the restaurant there was having Jamaica night lol. Believe me we coud till the cook had never been to Jamaica lol

User Info Menu

"A minimum wind chill value of -49.6 was the lowest wind chill value ever in March since 1953."

I remember last year looking out the window at the airport at our aircraft thinking, "There is not a chance those wheels will be anything but frozen square and that plane will never leave this frozen tundra", but hey, what do you know, 43 minutes late we left the gate and this cold, god forsaken winter for a much warmer three weeks in Negril. We still came home to lots of snow March 21st but it was the best three week break to the winter that would not quit!!

Johng, pack up that family and head south to the fun in the sun with the rum that you know and love!!
    “One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain.”
    ― Bob Marley

User Info Menu

Hey_mon,

Thanks for the encouragement!!! Wish I could but can't swing it at the moment. We dodged the bullet here, only 10 inches of powder. Some areas in NE get smacked pretty good. For you in MB no big deal, cold is cold is cold.

I can't tell you (you understand) how great it is to have a big Irie Dread (Appleton, Pineapple J, Grpfrt J, and OJ on ice) or an Icy Dread (same but blendered) lookin out from NB or WE.

GO JETS!!!

User Info Menu

Ps

Name:  Yes Mon!!!.jpg
Views: 677
Size:  86.4 KB