Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Current exchange rate

User Info Menu

Current exchange rate

Any one recent exchange at a camboi heard it was 113 or so. Makes it hard to convert if true

User Info Menu

Re: Current exchange rate

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

User Info Menu

I print out a cheat sheet here http://www.oanda.com/currency/travel-exchange-rates
    which is useful until you get used to prices.

Administrator

User Info Menu

You can always check the current exchange rate near the bottom right hand side of any of the Negril.com Main Menu pages!
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

Thanks rob I found it. Should that be real close to what we would get at camboi cross from Burger King?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by original spanky View Post
    Thanks rob I found it. Should that be real close to what we would get at camboi cross from Burger King?
    I've never found a rate online that exactly matches any published rate. If others did, please share which one. Even in MoBay they seem to differ greatly. There's one in MoBay connected to a good sized open restaurant past KFC closer to being out of town (sorry, that's the best I can do but it is an official cambio) that seemed to give me a better rate than the ones on the "hip strip". I'd love to know how that compares to across from Burger King downtown Negril or others. While there is enormous satisfaction knowing you got the best possible rate, keep in mind that after changing say $1,000US, the difference isn't enough to buy a six pack.

User Info Menu

http://www.fxtrader.gkmsonline.com/rates

This site shows the daily rate at FX Traders island wide.
    Most cambios will be pretty close.
    Sing unto God, sing praises to his name: extol him that rideth upon the heavens by his name JAH, and rejoice before him. KJV Psalm 68:4

User Info Menu

As an old timer, the exchange rate is jaw dropping. If I remember correctly during our early trips, a $1 US bought you less than $2 Ja.
    Respect,
    Col. Andy and "Wildcat" Pam

User Info Menu

For me it was 5:1 and a Red Strip @ Mark's Bar was 7J but he'd give you 6 for a $5 bucks if you paid US

User Info Menu

US dollar bought 88 CENTS Ja in 1968

I wanted to be paid in JA dollars........This changed big time in the mid 70s

Cap

BTW...... 114.57 at the ATM an hour ago
    Linston's Zion Hill Taxi

Captain Dave