Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: * * * * * * ~~ ~ ~ Languid Days, the Green Flash and Star Filled Nights ~ ~ ~ * * * *

User Info Menu

Re: * * * * * * ~~ ~ ~ Languid Days, the Green Flash and Star Filled Nights ~ ~ ~ * *

We'll watch for you on the beach. We arrive next Saturday. Looking forward to following your adventures. Good to have you back K3.

Soon come can't come soon enough..............

User Info Menu

Re: * * * * * * ~~ ~ ~ Languid Days, the Green Flash and Star Filled Nights ~ ~ ~ * *

Dental appointment next week, for Uncle Johnny just a check up on the work from last year, I may go in for a quote on some work I need . See you soon.
    Trip #59 most of February

User Info Menu

Kahuna,

so happy you returned after last years events, really looking forward to reading your report on Negril beach theatre.

~ May you always have a shell in your pocket and sand between your toes ~

User Info Menu

YAY! K3 is back. Looking forward to your report
    url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]

User Info Menu

Booger and Pooper - It's too bad we didn't cross paths this year
    LJ, Bluez and Bossman - thanks for the greetings

Day Uno

I woke this morning to birdsong coming from the direction of the Jamaican apple tree just off my deck. Then, a little further off, I heard the Macaws, Sinbad and Tiki, screeching the morning in. But I’m getting ahead of myself.

Yesterday I went from -26C with a brisk wind from the north battering me as I scraped snow from my driveway, to +26C while walking the beach in shorts and tank top.

It was a quick, smooth ride. Ottawa (Winter Hell) to MBJ in 3 hours and 40 minutes. I rode down on a rocket ship; I love the carbon age. Bea is out in Vancouver visiting family and will be coming later.

The Customs Hall was empty when we arrived at 7:00PM. I was number three to the counter. Soon I had my bag and was standing in the warm, humid breeze waiting for the driver to bring the van around. A couple of road pops along the way, a quick stop at the airport cash machine and I was loaded and ready when we rolled into Negril.

In the room I unpacked my bag to the point where I located my sandals. I changed into shorts and tank top and struck out for the beach. It was full dark but the moon, directly overhead and almost full, cast a tight, sharp shadow on the sand around my feet. It reflected off the curl of the waves just before they broke on the shore. The night sky, in spite of the glaringly bright moon, was gloriously awash with stars. Orion stood prominently, solemnly watching over Long Bay.

It was 10:00PM. I walked to Sun Beach, it was closed, all the bottles put away. So I went down to Sunnyside. It was packed. The music was pumping. I said Hi to Robert and Odeon. They were really busy keeping people supplied with drinks. Odeon has filled out since last year, he’s put on some muscle and is starting to look like Robert.

On my walk back to my room I was propositioned twice. Huh. I crashed early and slept well, probably because I brought my favorite pillow down with me.

Notwithstanding the title to this blog, today was not a ‘Languid Day’. I was busy all day. I went for a morning swim, unpacked and arranged my room, walked a lot, met people and got caught up. I made a trip to town for supplies, then went up to the Couples Gym to set up a gym membership for the next six weeks.

Later, I checked my ATM receipt from last night - $5.60JMD for a withdrawal! WTF!? Oh, right! Banks don’t make enough money.

Super Bowl tonight. There are going to be parties all up and down the beach.

It's really good to be back!

Likkle more . . . .
    My Books:

Walk Good - Sunset Negril - Night Nurse
    Available @ www.amazon.com - search 'Roland Reimer'

User Info Menu

Sorry we missed you as well. Regarding the pillow situation, it made more of an impact my last trip than ever before. I think I'll be hauling down my Japanese buckwheat pillow going forward. Nothing on Earth will give you a better nights sleep, pillow that is.

User Info Menu

Kahuna3, your prose is true perfection! So glad you are back! Since I and many others have enjoyed all of your books, I hope another is in the making.
    Anxious to hear more!
    [url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

User Info Menu

Also love your books!

User Info Menu

YES!YES!YES! Great news! So wonderful that you put the past in the past. Here's to an awesome trip this year filled with love, friends, family, story ideas and green flashes. Your daily stories will make the month go fast till our reach. Walk Good!

User Info Menu

Glad you made....if you see my ugly mug out front of NBCC stop and say hi!
    Some people were born in the wrong century....I was born in the wrong country!

[/url]