Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Accompong Town - from the air.

User Info Menu

Accompong Town - from the air.

Now, I am not a big proponent of drones as I am sure they do more harm than good but here is an interesting drone-video taken over Accompong Town on January 6th, 2015 during the Celebration of 277 years of semi-autonomous rule after the Peace Treaty with the English in 1738.

This sleepy little town of about 700 residents swells with crowds of thousands of visitors coming to join the Celebration. This is my favorite time of year and my home is enough off the main road for some peace and quiet but within easy walking distance of the festivities. Hope you enjoy this!

Peace and Guidance

Free Opinions Offered. No tipping required. Hours: Open when I feel like it.

User Info Menu

Re: Accompong Town - from the air.

You sure picked a beautiful piece of Jamaica Bill. Very impressive. Was that a mass march into the activity area?

User Info Menu

Sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Big_frank View Post
    You sure picked a beautiful piece of Jamaica Bill. Very impressive. Was that a mass march into the activity area?
    Hi Frank,

Yes, the Maroon descendants hold a secret ceremony in "old town" which is down the hill deeper into the bush where they camped during the war before returning to the Kindah "One Family" tree to bless the spirits and to cleanse the people by spitting rum on them before marching through the town often with up to a few thousand revelers from the outside world.

It is quite a moving experience. Here is a link showing some of that.

Peace and Guidance

Free Opinions Offered. No tipping required. Hours: Open when I feel like it.

User Info Menu

Very nice.

User Info Menu

Nice video, thanks.