Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What's your best vaule AI? and why?

User Info Menu

Re: What's your best vaule AI? and why?

I can easily see why some people want to go the AI route but, in the final analysis, if you want to eat and recreate outside the compound, it is a pricey way to visit.

Sometimes it takes a few visits to find your comfort level when visiting Negril or anywhere in Jamaica. We all want to be safe and satisfied. I used to stay in a lot of wooden shack accommodations at various properties but over the years determined that although I was "price" satisfied, I wasn't "safety" satisfied.

Negril and Jamaica have a lot of moderate priced "safe" places to stay where you can just pay for a room and then adventure out to eat and recreate. In homebrewer's breakdown of $500 US per day cost (which I am sure he would agree) is rather expensive and you could have a "safe and satisfied" visit for much less.

Everyone's taste is (of course) different and will probably evolve over time. On my last stay of almost 4 months I didn't even see the ocean except on the first and last day!

The most important thing is that you are happy with your choice because you don't have to please anyone but yourself.

Peace and Guidance
    Free Opinions Offered. No tipping required. Hours: Open when I feel like it.

User Info Menu

Couples has just started it's promotion. We've booked 9 nights for April 2016 in an Atrium Suite for $432 a night and 9 nights in October 2016 for $366 a night, also Atrium Suite. These will be our 25th and 26th trips to Couples Swept Away since 1999.
    Ricky Ginsburg
    Fort Collins, Colorado
    (Where it's always a Rocky Mountain high.)

User Info Menu

Great Advice!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fawnridge View Post
    Couples has just started it's promotion. We've booked 9 nights for April 2016 in an Atrium Suite for $432 a night and 9 nights in October 2016 for $366 a night, also Atrium Suite. These will be our 25th and 26th trips to Couples Swept Away since 1999.
    Gotta agree.. that's a good value... I might be in touch with you over the weekend if I can't find that one...

User Info Menu

My wife loves the AI experience and since we are divers and take advantage of the free add on Swept Away becomes more affordable from that perspective. Our first few trips to the Rock were at non AI and I have talked her into split stays at CSA and the cliffs the last couple of times to wean her away from the AI experience and back to the real Jamaica local experience. Too many AI visitors never got off the resort, and if they do it is well controlled to Rick's, Times Square etc. which is not what I consider the real Jamaica. We have used the same driver we meet on our first reach almost 20 years ago and he and his family are like our family now. When we go on day trips, which is every time, we take Patrick's entire family and that is often the highlight of our trip. So yes we do get off the resort, walk the beach and spend at the local places as well as at the resort and it does limit our trips. But we do love JA.

User Info Menu

Well it was mentioned again... About going back home to a AI. Hell I don't know. I love to roam to much. Our group was sitting around drinking and most of the girls was kept saying. " I like cause you can walk up and gets drinks all the time. And food when you want." Me.... I don't like being around tourist. (like me). I LOVE and i'm always the local way. Budget.. Well you know how that goes. "Bang for the buck" saying comes in effect. The AI can be outside Negril. Just need a beach. I figured I keep them happy, I'll give mi fren Delroy a ring and go run up in da hills in the community. Bless!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

User Info Menu

Lutely, definitely agree about the scuba diving. Back in my younger days when the Ex and I were diving as often possible,the AI experience seemed very affordable. The years have gone by and my diving days are over and the Ex speaks for itself! Now I prefer the Non AI experience. However, doesn't SeaStar Inn have an AI Option?

Quote Originally Posted by Lutely View Post
    My wife loves the AI experience and since we are divers and take advantage of the free add on Swept Away becomes more affordable from that perspective. Our first few trips to the Rock were at non AI and I have talked her into split stays at CSA and the cliffs the last couple of times to wean her away from the AI experience and back to the real Jamaica local experience. Too many AI visitors never got off the resort, and if they do it is well controlled to Rick's, Times Square etc. which is not what I consider the real Jamaica. We have used the same driver we meet on our first reach almost 20 years ago and he and his family are like our family now. When we go on day trips, which is every time, we take Patrick's entire family and that is often the highlight of our trip. So yes we do get off the resort, walk the beach and spend at the local places as well as at the resort and it does limit our trips. But we do love JA.

User Info Menu

Yes Seastar will offer an AI package.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    Well it was mentioned again... About going back home to a AI. Hell I don't know. I love to roam to much. Our group was sitting around drinking and most of the girls was kept saying. " I like cause you can walk up and gets drinks all the time. And food when you want." Me.... I don't like being around tourist. (like me). I LOVE and i'm always the local way. Budget.. Well you know how that goes. "Bang for the buck" saying comes in effect. The AI can be outside Negril. Just need a beach. I figured I keep them happy, I'll give mi fren Delroy a ring and go run up in da hills in the community. Bless!
    So what did they settle on for ya?

User Info Menu

Still getting ideas and doing research. I prefer non AI.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]