Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: What's your best vaule AI? and why?

User Info Menu

What's your best vaule AI? and why?

My wife is waiting to go back and try a AI. If that what it take to get back to Negril. I'm in!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

User Info Menu

Re: What's your best vaule AI? and why?

Seashore Bay was awesome. We was there the last week they were Seashore Bay. It was priced very good, the STAFF ROCKED!!! I see some are there back working there again which is good. But there prices are not in our league.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

User Info Menu

Haven't stayed yet but maybe grand pineapple ?

User Info Menu

We loved, loved, loved the Grand Pineapple.

User Info Menu

None of the AI in Negril are really outstanding. Sunset at the Palms is somewhat special but I do not especially like the louvered windows with no glass.The rooms are air-conditioned. I would also be careful about booking there in the more humid months of late Summer and early Fall due to the adjacent wetlands and increased number of mosquitos. Couples and Sandals will satisfy most but are pricey for what you get.Grand Lido has some good points but is still living on the name. They do have the lamb chops that I will never forget and has the nude beach. Grand Lido's beach is nice-both nude and regular. Many people enjoy the Riu resorts. Of course, there is Hedo! Shop for good rates. I sometimes call the resort managers at the smaller resorts. If you are looking for a party atmosphere, Sunset at the Palms and Grand Lido may not be your best choice.

User Info Menu

I just tried Grand Pineapple in January. I would stay again if the price was right, but my preference is non AI. The biggest plus is location. Easy walking distance to Shamrock, Time Square for ATM, Drifters Bar for their awesome jam sessions and Yellow Bird for their delicious and cheap drink specials. And everything else on Long Bay! I stayed in a beachside cottage which was a disappointment compared to non AI rooms I've stayed in, small with basically one window (mine viewed the manor building) and little natural light. Food was ok to good, although def missing out if you don't also go out and enjoy made to order meals or roadside jerk such as Best in the West. Cocktails were AI quality (no comparison to Yellow Bird or the rum punch at Drifters).

User Info Menu

I REALLY dislike AI's, but if thats's what my wife wants, heck, im down with it. Just so I can get back down there. I'll do some research and crunch some numbers to make it right. I prefer non AI.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

User Info Menu

I have been happy with Grand Pineapple. Merrils properties are also AI and a little more budget priced. As well, Legends and Samsara have AI options.

User Info Menu

We are not AI people either. We tried the Grand Pineapple this year as we were bringing people along who prefer AI. We were very pleased with it. The employees and facility was great. We would definitely stay there again if we wanted to go AI.

User Info Menu

Thanks for the responses. As long as I get my body down in Ja. I really don't care where. But got to keep my wife happy. I prefer not to be around tourist. I just like hanging local style. IMO!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]