Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1116171819202122232425 LastLast

Thread: Feb 2015 Trip Report 2/6-2/14

User Info Menu

Re: Feb 2015 Trip Report 2/6-2/14

Quote Originally Posted by sher View Post
    To me, the Red Stripe brewed in PA is nothing like what we get in JA. I wish we could get the "real stuff" in the States!
    Disappointed as any that the change was made. I used to drink A LOT of Red Stripe back home, now I drink zero. The PA version is HORRIBLE...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by never2many View Post
    Seriously, If anyone knows where all the tour buses come from to Times Square, I am curious!
    the all-inclusives bus them down to get their shopping done

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Homebrewer View Post
    the all-inclusives bus them down to get their shopping done
    Bummer to see JA through a bus window.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Babalew View Post
    I am so loving your report and i'm here in jamaica! Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences, you've renewed my joy in Jamaica especially Roaring River! That place holds a very dear place in my heart, it is very spiritual! I'm gonna have to make a journey back there soon! and MrT is a nice looking man, glad you had an enlightened reach. Please continue!
    Thanks Babalew! Glad you are enjoying!

User Info Menu

Mr. T came over and made some more chicken curry at my request. I loved that he always said "do you want me to share now" which translates to "would you like me to make you a plate".

User Info Menu

Name:  IMG_1501.jpg
Views: 399
Size:  84.6 KB

Name:  IMG_1502.jpg
Views: 438
Size:  99.1 KB

User Info Menu

I was still full from the Patties & all the red stripes so I couldn't eat much curry although it smelled and tasted great. A trick Mr. T showed me was to "burn the spice" first. In other words, saute it in dry pan a bit before making the sauce. It really does make a difference.

Tonight we decided to go hear some music at Bourbon Beach and play guitar on the beach. DH also bought a few small drums earlier today. We decided to wait for some of the bonfires to sit by and play later. We had to hurry to go catch our final Negril sunset. For some reason I can't find any photo's of it. I was so happy when we got there! I saw the dog that was really ill earlier & he seemed in better spirits.

Name:  IMG_1562 (2).jpg
Views: 451
Size:  96.1 KB
    Last edited by never2many; 03-26-2015 at 10:08 PM.

User Info Menu

So one final sunset later, we decided to head to the West End to check out a few spots. Our first stop was Swordfish. Mr. T introduced me to the owner, Kempy (not sure about the spelling). This guy was amazing. Had and old, classic soul. He's my favorite person I met on this trip. We went upstairs (which wasn't officially open due to the high winds) and had a drink. Mr. T said his father and Kempy were best friends while his father was still living. Kempy explained to me how he traps the seafood that he prepares in the restaurant and assured me it's the freshest seafood to be had in the area. I was wishing I hadn't consumed all the Patties, chicken curry and beer so I could indulge. We hung out upstairs for a beverage but it was really windy.

Name:  JA 2015 446.jpg
Views: 373
Size:  92.0 KB

User Info Menu

yeah, we weren't feeling any pain.

User Info Menu

While there we tried a Strawberry Red Stripe if I recall correctly. I don't recommend you try one.