Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Can I do a trip report too??

User Info Menu

Re: Can I do a trip report too??

great to get updates, feels like i'm there on the beach . . . i heard kevin sterling sing at seastar, that man can sing!! much improved entertainment over there!!

User Info Menu

I'm from southern ontario. . We are the north is my slogan lol if you from minny. You are actually more north than us here in Toronto if I'm not mistaken Minny is a USA representative of canada you guys love your hockey as much as us . I visited during a hockey tournament when I was 13 . Very nice place

User Info Menu

Lovin' the report Farmer!

User Info Menu

OK. one more day quickly {grin} Here we are Friday Dec. 12. Up early, as usual, went right to the breakfast area for a walking coffee. To the beach, went to the right for a short ways, and ran into Irman. Very nice man. Had a nice talk, I sipped on my coffee, while he sipped on a Red Stripe. Up to the breakfast. Sumting new today...plaintain porridge. What I like to do is break up the fried dumplings into likkle pieces and mix it up in the porridge then sprinkle a packet of brown sugar on top. Wow! delicious. Of course the usual omellettes & waffles, and a speciality today was the zuccini bread. Stacy was our server, and then we went to the beach to wait for Garnett and his family to arrive. They showed up and we got them checked in, and settled into their room. Gail, put them ina suite here at NTh. Those suites are spectacular. Garnette and the family are really amazed with this experience! We went to the beach, and Carla {3 years old} had never been to the coean before, and was kinda scared at first, as the sea was was rough. She gradually got used to it, and eventually played in the water with her Dad. It nwas fun to watch. Pardon my grammer people! That night NTH had a manager's reception with a big jug of sangria wine and snacks. We indulged and it turned into a party, everybody was was smiling and very happy!!! I'm going to leave you on this "happy" point as some folks are wantiung to use the computer here in the business office at the Comfort Inn in Bloomington, Mn I'll be back to continue. Thanks for hanging with me. I have to finish this!!!!!

User Info Menu

Rocknrollfarmer, great reporting. The walking coffee and early morning walks on the beach sounds perfect. The food descriptions well done and yes making me hungry but worth it just for me have that vicarious experience, like I was there. You seem to know how to get the most out of your days and nights in Beautiful Negril. Thank you for taking the time to share with us not so lucky these days.

User Info Menu

Good Morning!! It's 5:30 a.m. here in Bloomington,Mn Guess what? we fly out this morning at 9:10, so I wanted to finish Friday Dec.12. Back to the managers party at NTH, Colleen {17} was really enjoying herself, and I took the opportunity to grab the microphone, and I introduced her to the staff & other guests. Colleen was the 2014 Westmoreland Parish teen queen! There were 33 other participants. After that, we went for a beach walk with the family. Bj went along with us. We had our flashlights, and we walked down to Coco to see all the Christmas lights. They do a really good job of decorating. Next time your in Negril in December, be sure and check them out as well. But first, we stopped at Chances to order a couple pizzas, and then we would pick them on the walk back. At Coco, we took alot of pictures, and danced at Coco. Ok back to Chances, pizza was fair. As we were eating, staff there sprang up and rushed out to the road, so, Garnett, Colleen and I went out there too. There was an accident on the road across from Coco and the Catholic church. Here the pizza delivery had smashed his pickup into a backhoe that was doing some work on the road. Now, keep in mind it's very dark outside, and when we arrived, there were already alot of people gathered. The pickup was in bad shape! Totalled. I think the backhoe won. It appeared that the driver was ok..luckily. Thank goodness! One more part of this accident, his pickup veered of the backhoe and smashed into a car, and pushed the car into the Catholic church sign. The car was totalled and the sign was destroyed as well. In the end, I guess no one was seriously hurt. Here's a coincidence, we had just been standing in the same spot on the road there, only about 15 minutes earlier! Wheww!! So, we went back to Chances and took the remaining pizza back with us to NTH. We went to bed, and so did Camesha, Colleen and Carla. Garnett stayed up and partied with their neighbors... it was those 3 kids from Canada!!! Oh, funny. A time to to give thanks and praise mon' Hey, we gotta get the bags ready for the shuttle now, and go to the airport. I'll try to finish this up when we are in JA. Is that o.k? Good luck BostonBob, It looks like from the pictures on the tv, that what's the point of even shoveling anymore??? When all that snow melts... then you're going to have other issues with the flooding. Been there done that {being from Minnesota} Not this year though. Just 15 below zero all the time. Later folks. see you on da beach. Cool Runnings and walk good. RnR Farmer

User Info Menu

Thanks for sharing your trip!

User Info Menu

Have a GREAT TIME~~
    "I'll love you till the stars fall out of the sky "

:cool

User Info Menu

Greetings! I'm back.....The Mrs. and I are in Montego Bay, for a few nights because we couldn't get into NTH right away, so this is our first time in Mobay. We are at the Gloucestershire Hotel on the Hip Stripe. I mean strip. For some reason, we've had alot of stripes as in Red Stripes! Our hotel here is very nice. I recommend it. Let me knock out one more day for ya, I see a few people have been reading my ramblings, so I'll continue. Now back to Saturday Dec. 13. I was up at 7:30, and find out that Garnett and Camesha were up at 5:00 a.m.! The two them went for a beach walk. Ahhh, how romantic! Garnett, said he was up til 2:00 partying with those Cananda kids. Then we all had breakfast together. Carla {3} is really warming up to other guests here, and is a very happy likkle girl. Today the cook had brown stewed chicken {great}, and the other usual items. The skies are very overcast today, so we decided to take everybody down to Times Square for shopping. Debbie bought Colleen {17} a swimsuit, and there was not much to it. Camesha picked out a shirt & pants. Garnett and I & Carla just walked around. Garnett and I don't give a hoot about shopping. I held Carla , and pointed out every t-shirt with Bob Marley on it, and made her repeat his name. This younger generation is too far removed from BOB, and needs to be aware of his importance and greatness. Then we all walked back on the beach.
    Garnett runs into guys he knows, mostly that he went to school with or from other resorts. Then we just hung out on da beach. Bought coco bread and patties from Norman, and Norman gave us all free juices. He's a great guy. We went swimming, and Carla finally got used to the water and really enjoyed herself.
    Colleen, the typical teenager hardly took her eyes off her tablet {which we had bought her a year ago}. We took alot of pictures. Irman came by, I gave him a ice cold Stripe, and he sang "Imagine" by John Lennon for us. It was a great day. Then it was time for the Morris family to go back home to Likkle London. Hugs all around.
    I made reservations with Okema to go to Seastar for the that nights show and delicious buffet. Henry picked us up. He remembered us, as did Barbara, Clarol & Captain Kirk. Chris, the owner was not there , so we all had free beer!!! Just kidding Chris! Sasyana was there. Luddy Samms sang a song, and introduced the next performer. and it was KEVIN STERLING!
    He has the opening gig at Seastar! Good for him. He deserves it. Afterwards, I talked with him and we had our picture together {which I'll give him on this trip} .
    Skip, the old hippie was there, he's a hoot! Just oozes FUN! Sasyana was great as usual. She got me up on stage for the silly human tricks portion of the show. We had about 5 of those strong rum punches. The Seastar drummers put us in a trance.
    Then it was time to go back to NTH with Henry, and Skip was on board and had evrybody laughing. Then we crashed. It was a great day! Should go to church in the morning??
    Do you want more reporting? Let me know. One Love.

User Info Menu

Yest keep it up love to read trip reports