Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Can I do a trip report too??

User Info Menu

Re: Can I do a trip report too??

YES!!! More please.
    Missing Jamaica

User Info Menu

Definately enjoying the reports,please keep them coming!

User Info Menu

Good Morning Sunshine! {grin} Now, I'm just sayin' that if you're ever in Mobay on the hip strip, go out to eat at the Pork Pit. No frills, but good reasonable prices. OK, back to my ramblings. SUNDAY Dec. 14: Up at 7:15. Windy again today and overcast. Breakfast today, we have grits, cornmeal porridge, callaloo, ackee & saltfish and finally have some bananas!
    Laid on the beach alot. Talked with BJ, and there is a young girl here from Austrailia who is a professional photographer . She said she would email pictures to us that she took of the Morris family. We went for a beach walk to the right, then took a break and finished off the leftover pizza in the toaster oven which is in our room. Ah, pizza...even when it's bad, it's good! My mother taught me well, that you don't throw anything away, especially food. Then we headed down the beach to the left. Stopped at Sunnyside bar, Odie was the bartender.
    He's a funny guy, and good bartender. Good qualities to have...take note some of you bartenders back home!!!! We sat with people from Canada {imagine that!].
    Then we ran into "Skip" and his buddies for that day. He's a card, that Skip he is. Then we went to Drifter's bar, bought some Stripes from Big John at the opening to Drifter's first.
    Rob & Lisa are there, perched at the bar. This place is cool, good vibes, good singers. Went back to NTH, and ordered chicken fingers. Went to bed, called it a day. More to come.

User Info Menu

Hey farmer I'm at White Sands now and I see your little stickers every where
    [url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

User Info Menu

Oh, crap!

User Info Menu

O.K. Ladies & Gentlemen, boys n girls...let's move on to Monday Dec. 15: up @6:30. I went for a short beachwalk to the right, with a walkin' coffee. Thanks to fargoman for the idea of those big styrofoam cups. He's so smart! We had breakfast with two fun girls from Florida. Suzie & Suzanne. Today's breakfast include curried chicken. It was delicious. We went to the beach, I walked out from the shore to go snorkeling. Didn't see anything. We swam for awhile, and it's raining. But that's ok cause it's kinda cool to be in the ocean when it's hot out, with a nice cool rain coming down. Yamon'. Karaoke tonight at Seastar. I called Okema, and she asked me if I would help out to emcee, as Chris was gone, and she didn't think Sasonya was gonna be there. The rest of the afternoon we hung out with the 2 chicks from Florida, it was still kinda raining. Henry picked us at 5:00 and we arrived at Seastar, grabbed a walkin' rum punch, and walked over to LTU pub for a bite to eat. We walked into Rick's for a bit, and then walked back to Seastar, and some more of those killer rum punches. Sasonya was there, so I didn't have to embarrass Deb {or myself!}. Sasonya and I did a couple songs together, you know "summer nights" etc. and I was kinda taken a back, as she had never sang "I got you babe" by Sonny & Cher??? The two girls from Florida came and sat with us, and more drinks....We had alot of fun and laughs. They are a hoot!
    Luddy Samms was there and he sang a few songs. He's the son of one of the original Drifters from the 50's and 60's. Time to go back, Suzie Q and Suzanne came along, some taxi guy named Courtney took us, and then Courtney and the girls went to a concert at Bourbon Beach for Morgan Heritage. I made sure Courtney would be responsible for the girls. Kevin Sterling was part of one of the opening bands. Lee "Scratch" Perry was there with his entourage. The girls said they had a greeat time, and said they got back to NTH at about 4:00 a.m.! How come we never seem to make it past 10:30??? Another Negril fantastic day in the record books! One love.

User Info Menu

Keep it up Farmer. Enjoying it. Sounds like you sure did.

User Info Menu

Goooood Morning Jamaica! Let's move quickly to Tuesday Dec. 16: Up at 7:00, walked down to the beach, helped the guys pick up branches, that they cut down as Gail thought they were blocking too much of the view to the sea. It was finally a calm morning, and BJ sensed that the time was was just right for SUP {stand up paddleboard} So, here goes...fat farmer guy attempting SUP for the first time! It's kinda hard, takes practice. It's somewhat similar to being in a canoe. First time I fell in, sure enough swallowed some water. You know what thats like...right? I finally did accomplish the feat, after falling in two more times. There, another item crossed off on my bucket list. Thanks BJ. The I sat with two ladies, who are friends with BJ, and the one lady lived only 40 miles from where I live! Small world. Then we went for breakfast with Suzie & Suzanne. They were all excited, as they had a religious experience at the concert at Bourbon Beach, plus had a blast at Seastar karaoke with us. Today's breakfast had BACON! Plus I really like the cornmeal porridge. No definite plans for today. Tomorrow though I am going with Gail to the Negril farmer's market. So, today we just decided to hang out on the beach or whatever {isn't that the beauty of this place? To quote from some famous author "Is this place FOR REAL"?} Later, we went for a beach walk to the left. We stopped and looked at the craft stuff @ WAVZ park . Bought 2 fish carvings for our daughter and son in law, who live in Fargo. You betcha! Then we walked way past Bourbon Beach, then back, and stopped for a couple ice cold Red Stripes at Big John's cooler, by Drifter's Bar. Then had some beers & dirty bananas @ Boat bar. The band was practicing. Good vibes mon' Kept walking, I bought a beef pattie from Neville. The, oh geez, for crying out loud, here comes Skip!. Then we stopped at Sunnyside, and took a picture with Odie to give to fargoman, plus we talked a likkle smack about fargoman. So, it's about 5;00 or was it six? Don't matter, remember we are on Jamaica time! We went to the grocery store for some supplies, then stopped at Cool Spot for supper . I had the curried conch and Deb had the fried chicken. It was good. Then we crashed about 8:30. Kinda showing our age a likkle bit, arent we? Almost done folks, only two days to go. Later. Today we go to Negril. Fargoman and his buds, better have not drank all the Red Stripes in Negril.

User Info Menu

CLAP>>>CLAP>>>.......Well YES you CAN write a trip report.......And Thank-you for it!
    "I'll love you till the stars fall out of the sky "

:cool

User Info Menu

What day is it? What day is it? It's hump day!! Wednesday Dec. 17: Up early to go to the Negril Farmer's market with Gail, Jessie & the nice lady from NYC. Wow! This is quite an experience. We were there for about two hours. Gail loaded up a pickup truck and the back of a van with produce. I bought some bananas, a gizzada, a grater cake, and a slice of sweet potato pudding. Thanks Gail for taking me.
    Back to the beach. Very hot today! Last full day, so, need to work on getting rid of the beer etc. Breakfast today was brown stew chicken & chocolate waffles etc. We took pictures of us withe the Santa hats we brought along, and left there for Allen, the movie star , singing chef etc. S + S wore the hats as well. We had really good sun, we walked to the right and bought a couple of those turtles {the ones with the bouncing heads} Gifts for friends back home. Then we walked to White Sands. Then it started to rain. Said goodbye to Irman @ Sun Beach. The rain kept coming down, that's good business for the beach bars! Made it back to NTH, and hung out with a couple from....guess where???.... Canada!! The S+ S girls went on the One Love bus! They were all smiley and such. Got a call from back home, Deb's mom had a slight heart attack back home, rushed her to Abbott in Mpls. {She turned out o.k.} Later, I got hungry, and wanted one more serving of chicken jerk...??? jerk chicken. Thanks rum punch! I had my slice of sweet potato pudding for desert.. It was delicious! Time to hit the hay! Last report coming... later. It's short I promise!