Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Negril fishing

User Info Menu

Re: Negril fishing

Not Jamaica, in Treasure Cay, Abaco Islands Bahama(just had to show it off, lol). The only big fish I have seen in Jamaica have on the East end of the island, Treasure Beach and some nice catch and release Tarpon and Snook on the Black River in St Elizabeth, same parish I wrote to you about that Accompong Town is in

User Info Menu

Awe hi see . Nice catch mon . I fish a lot on vacation in Mexico but never in jamaica . But these pics are sending me to crappy tire for a colapsable rod on the weekend . I been to black creek a few yrs back . I was more party hardy then and didn't take enuff in if you know what I mean . I'm looking for a more chill vibe these days . Love subs . Easy on the stripes and some cake at nite too zzzzzzzzz . So accompong is relatively close to black creek . Travel wise I assume ?

User Info Menu

It is only about 20-25 miles but it is an hour drive, and on the drive, you will soon realize you are no longer in what most think when they envision Jamaica. Btw, your in no danger of landing a Tarpon or Snook on BR with a collapsible rod but you can throw it at a Croc if it attacks.
    Last edited by Packrat; 02-26-2015 at 08:47 PM.

User Info Menu

You will probably snap the crappy tire rod in half if you get anything big. I recommend 3 piece travel rod from bass pro shop, it's on sale right now for $80. You will be able to use this rod travelling and at home as a backup without fear of breaking it. And i speak from experience, ive seen a crappy tire rod snap in half from a red snapper.

User Info Menu

I'm thinking I could catch those nice little fish off the cliff with a colapsable like in the pics . They just Likkle one s no ? If I go to bk I'd use some rental stuff . I got a few rods ect just don't think I'd fit I'm my carry on lol I'm traveling light this year . Unless I decide to bring a few bigger gifts

User Info Menu

just got back from Negril, i watched each morning 2 fisherman at Rooms wade out to waist deep water, they were using bits of salami and sausage meat on a small hook, under a small bobber, usually they caught 5 to 10 small fish each morning, 1 guy hooked a large fish which spooled him, soon come

User Info Menu

Were these fishermen tourists or locals ? .

User Info Menu

tourists, soon come

User Info Menu

Hey there, MichiganMan. Fabian here with SUNBABY BOAT team.

We would love to host you for your honeymoon in April on a fishing trip. You asked about fishing in Negril? well, There are two options for fishing. You have the option of "Strolling" where you can catch the larger fish such as tuna and black fish or you can do "Bottom" fishing where you catch smaller fish like grouper and grunt.

Other types of fish include: parrot, grouper, tuna, bonita, barracuda, red snapper, black snapper, yellow tail snapper, butter fish, king fish, sword fish, angel fish, trunk fish, roast fish.... just depends on what's out on the day you go out. Always fun... always plentiful. Please let us know how we can serve you? message us privately or email us at www.SunbabyBoat.com. for more deals! looking forward to hearing from you
    Sunny regards,

Tanya

www.SunbabyBoatReviews.com