Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Be Careful in Negril

User Info Menu

Re: Be Careful in Negril

I see this took place on lime tree lane,in the archives of this board,lime tree lane is specifically noted as a non tourist friendly place,I can't say I know where this lane is but once again there's places 60 miles to the east of me in Chicago that no way would you find me in,use common sense and as mentioned on this board over and over hiring a driver is well worth the cost as a competent one will probably steer you away from trouble spots such as "lime tree"

User Info Menu

Is lime tree just to the right as you leave seastar?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Lapurr View Post
    There were two incidents that occurred that left a few longtime Negril tourists a little shaken, they stayed at NBCC and told me about it through passing and were totally shocked as they have been coming for 30 years and never has anything like that happened to them before.

1. 70 year old man was on the beach early in the morning, when a woman came up to him and grabbed his prescription glasses off his face and grabbed his chain off his neck- they did catch her and his items were returned although the chain was broken when she yanked it...however later that day I saw the same woman down the beach by coco la palm - she was let go.
    she obviously has a mental health problem - naked , hungry and thirsty..

2. Another couple was walking from Burger king to Beach club-also in their 70's, not late at night but dark...and a robber tried to steal her side bag- she fought him off - and he made off with nothing, but for an elder lady fighting off robbers is very scary.

You just have to be alert and aware at all times, doesn't matter how long you have been coming don't get too comfortable.
    That lady is making her rounds. I first saw her at Bourbon Beach and she was obviously on something or suffering from some serious mental health issues. They had to throw her off the stage a few times, she also made it into the sea naked a few times and finally security pulled her out and she got an ass whopping. A few days later, Max (security at NBCC) had to chase her off the beach. I think she is well known to security but unfortunately wasn't there when the 70 year old got robbed. Very sad!

User Info Menu

and the scariest part of all this is: . . . these are only the things we hear about!!! . . . how about the things we don't hear about!!! . . . for instance, what lapurr relayed has not been written about . . . scary stuff . . .

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by STRIPER View Post
    Is lime tree just to the right as you leave seastar?
    I understand it's before Pee-Wee Lane...
    "Yeah, I'm cocky and I am arrogant. But that doesn't mean I'm not a nice person."

—Jeremy Roenick

User Info Menu

Yeah, I don't think Lime Tree ln is near Seastar. I believe it is closer to town. I also understand that it has a reputation for shadiness.

User Info Menu

Lime Tree Lane is across from Blue Cave Castle.

User Info Menu

Can sugar coat this matter anyway you want, but I know areas in the USA where I know it best to stay away. All these stories, regardless of where else in the world it happens, brings Negril just that much closer to one of those places. It is disgraceful and troubling no matter where it happens. Starting to weigh on me sadly. In those places, it often is a matter of the innocent being in the wrong place at the wrong time. Only we can minimize that risk via a choice to stay away. Such a bummer ... A place with a record like Negril's recent one, is in line with places I choose to stay away from. The magnetism of Negril for me has taken a hit. Not so bad being back here in the cold as I read this story.

User Info Menu

Starting to sound like Detroit.

User Info Menu