Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Jamaican Government Approves Ganja Law Amendment

User Info Menu

Re: Jamaican Government Approves Ganja Law Amendment

Although I am glad to see the decriminalization part seems the 5 plant limitation may be a hinderance to most of the small farmers...maybe part of the reason the law was passed. 5 plants is pretty much personal use and I doubt that would be a sustainable method of income for them. I think a lot of people will obviously still be in violation of the law. None of the farmers I have met in Jamrock is making cash off of just 5 plants. Even a small farm is 100 or so plants.

User Info Menu

Oh yeah the $5-10 fine sure beats the on the spot fine...that was usually around $20 unless it was Friday afternoon and then it was at least $50. LOL!

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by vikesinja View Post
    Although I am glad to see the decriminalization part seems the 5 plant limitation may be a hinderance to most of the small farmers...maybe part of the reason the law was passed. 5 plants is pretty much personal use and I doubt that would be a sustainable method of income for them. I think a lot of people will obviously still be in violation of the law. None of the farmers I have met in Jamrock is making cash off of just 5 plants. Even a small farm is 100 or so plants.
    I think you are confusing "decriminalization" with "legalization" - the farming limits will of course be much larger when legalized. This is just the first step - 5 plants and you are not a criminal...
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

The first step is always the hardest. This is great news.

User Info Menu

Fawnridge , How/Where does someone apply to become a Card-Carrying Rastafarian?

User Info Menu

If you would've told me 15-20 years ago that I would see legalization in my lifetime, I would've said you were crazy.

User Info Menu

I agree Muck. Never did I think in my life would we see the changes to the laws in USA. It is democracy and the will of the people coming through.