Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Sondru's restaurant at NBCC

User Info Menu

Sondru's restaurant at NBCC

Anyone know if they are still in business? Thought I had heard someone say that the restaurant was not open on their reach recently.

User Info Menu

Re: Sondru's restaurant at NBCC

I left there on Sunday. The restaurant was hit and miss with being open. The weather was very windy during most of the first week which might have been a reason for it being closed

User Info Menu

I ate twice in Jan. and liked it prices were good.I had oxtail and a conch burger both were tasty.

User Info Menu

I'm not a fan of writing negative reviews, however our experience was not wonderful...we were just at a birthday party there the week before, and the food was great buffet style - so with my daughters birthday a week away we decided to do the same buffet style for 15 people- I paid $250 U.S which I thought was decent, for the food , the space, the large speaker she provided- however the restaurant was closed all day that day, which had me worried- when I checked in I was assured everything will be ready...well- there was no buffet style dinner- the food was brought in from "elsewhere" in containers- everything was cold - it was pretty disappointing to say the least.
    But my daughter and her friends a blast- they partied and danced and played music- the food wasn't that important to them-the venue alone was worth the money- it's too bad they really let us down for dinner. They did not reopen since the birthday party February 13th and we left on the 19th. Not sure if they are open now- Sure was a fantastic place a few years back when Chef Orlando was there..and the location is just beautiful.

User Info Menu

They catered my bday dinner on Feb 2nd and the food was awesome and amazing BUT the service was not to my liking. I have the impression that the managers are not familiar with restaurant management. There were several days that the restaurant was not open during my 9 day stay and there were some evenings where the bar closed early......early as in 7pm!! This is high season and the closing didn't have to do with weather -- they have the opportunity to corner a decent market and I don't see it happening with them. My friends had breakfast there a few times and said the food was good but service was too slow....not Jamaican slow but just don't give a damn slow.

I would give them a try but don't count on them to be your main choice.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jamerican71 View Post
    They catered my bday dinner on Feb 2nd and the food was awesome and amazing BUT the service was not to my liking. I have the impression that the managers are not familiar with restaurant management. There were several days that the restaurant was not open during my 9 day stay and there were some evenings where the bar closed early......early as in 7pm!! This is high season and the closing didn't have to do with weather -- they have the opportunity to corner a decent market and I don't see it happening with them. My friends had breakfast there a few times and said the food was good but service was too slow....not Jamaican slow but just don't give a damn slow.

I would give them a try but don't count on them to be your main choice.
    Yes, Jamerican, I was referring to your birthday party(was awesome), food was great - it was really good and I hoped we would of had the same , but no...we didn't have service at all-but they were nice enough to let us bring our own alcohol - it was a real task asking for plates and cutlery for birthday cake (which I even left slices of cake for them) I hope they don't give up...maybe we can get chef Ramsay to the rescue =)
    we picked up all the dishes and brought them in the kitchen , we cleared off the tables ourselves- thank goodness we brought our own cups and ice..I know they are a young couple I really hope they make it!

User Info Menu

Dang....I completely forgot you were Lapurr on this board. LOL!!! I'm glad you also enjoyed my bday dinner but I'm sorry your daughters food was not as good. What a great idea of bringing in your own alcohol -- we should have done that since service was just about non existent.

I also hope they make it...only b/c they are a young couple but I just don't see it happening. They also disappeared on us towards the end so plates were never cleared and the bar bills that we had weren't settled.

User Info Menu

True