Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Loud Music

User Info Menu

Re: Loud Music

some nights very, very few ppl . . . you can hear the echoes . . . but loud, loud, no matter how little the crowd is . . .

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Blueallah View Post
    Is there a nightly crowd, or just really loud for about 6-12 people?
    We stopped for chicken early one evening in December. It was mid week. There were only 3 people there (1 baby) and it was RIDICULOUS! Now I like to turn up the volume, but this was insane. We couldn't enjoy our food, as the music & the DJ screaming made it uncomfortable. Next time we will have our driver wait and we will get take out if the volume is on ear drum busting level! They are chasing away customers.

User Info Menu

I just sent them the link to this page .. ( BB..that is )
    maybe they will get the message

User Info Menu

we stay at Rooms each year and we hear the concerts from Roots, not every nite, but love going to bed and hearing the music, soon come

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slightly Stoopid View Post
    I just sent them the link to this page .. ( BB..that is )
    maybe they will get the message
    I'm sure they could care less what a few people think that are complaining on a tourist message board.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by booger View Post
    I'm sure they could care less what a few people think that are complaining on a tourist message board.
    They may not care, but considering the JTB and Ministry of Tourism regularly check this site, they may not have a choice in the matter. That is why we posted "Negril needs your opinion" thread. This isnt some tiny FB page or website that doesnt even register on the internet traffic rankings. The people who matter are reading...

Thank you to all who are giving their helpful views.
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

What time does the noise settle down? nothing like falling to sleep listening to good music....but not crappy music

User Info Menu

This thread has helpful views?

Curious why it takes tourist opinions to force them to do their job? The comment about MXII was spot on and makes it rather obvious why nothing is being done at Bourbon. I for one could care less about the music as I am only a visitor and don't feel it's my place to travel somewhere and dictate how they should run heir place. Also, the JTB and Ministry of Touism have bigger concerns than loud music with all the crap happening up on the West End lately.

On a side note I appreciated my time at Bourbon last month. Sat next to some friendly hookers, ate some great jerk, and appreciated the crowd both nights.

User Info Menu

Our last stay was great and the only complaint that we had was the fact that on certain nights the "music" along the beach was playing very loud late into the early morning. I'm being generous calling it music, as it was so distorted by the excessive volume and bass. Someone needs to do their job and shut this noise pollution down.

User Info Menu

Who cares?? Some people like music, if there were no parties in Negril it would just be a bunch of old people. If you don't like it, stick to the cliffs.