Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Loud Music

User Info Menu

Re: Loud Music

I stay at Shamrocks, I have surround sound. BEAUTIFUL.

User Info Menu

I'm 51 and hang my hat near BB,i saw Marcia Griffiths and Tarrus Riley last reach.I like the music,bass and stumbling into your room at 3am.I don't mind the music coming from the yardie parties in the area also.Earplugs are the answer for me. I guess if you want complete quietness and boredom you go to the RIU,Sandals,Grand Lido or the westend.Thats why i stay down on the beach now days.You can have the westend ,brickwalls,high end hotels,endless cab rides,$hitty walking conditions,rough seas.Just sayin.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Packrat View Post
    Damn, this has gotten out of control. Music is to be appreciated, noise isn't, I don't believe anyone is complaining about music. Individual choices are recognized and appreciated but blasting a sound system, not live music late into the night is not only disruptive, it's disrespectful.
    Yeah, you might get the impression it was their country or something!

Peace and Guidance
    Free Opinions Offered. No tipping required. Hours: Open when I feel like it.

User Info Menu

Some people do like the music. I'm not as young as you think and I love it. Heisenberg I see a bullet point list in your future. Staying a little farther away from the concerts, hmm, now there's a thought.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenburg View Post
    You can have the westend ,brickwalls,high end hotels,endless cab rides,$hitty walking conditions,rough seas.Just sayin.
    Thanks, I'll take it!

I'm probably younger than the average poster here, and my wife and I prefer to stay on the West End. I don't enjoy booming DJ music at home, and I have no desire to listen to it on vacation. I do, however, love live music and will seek out any performance, whether it be reggae, a steel drum band, mento group or old school R&B (a la Drifters). At the end of the day, though, we prefer to retreat to the peaceful, romantic vibe of the cliffs.

Not sure I agree with your characterization of the West End, but to each his own. I have nothing negative to say about the beach - we enjoy both sides of Negril.

User Info Menu

The west end was never boring to us.

User Info Menu

Heisenburg wrote " I guess if you want complete quietness and boredom you go to the RIU,Sandals,Grand Lido or the westend"

I can honestly say, that is the 1st time I have seen those locales grouped together with a common theme (lol).

The is a reason the west end is quieter late night is many of the individuals whose country it is, live up there and have to sleep and they won't tolerate it into the wee hours. Not many who call Negril home, live on Norman Manley Blvd or within ear shot of DeBuss/BB or whatever. My "Damn, this has gotten out of control" was in reference to individuals attacking other board members comments or choices, not related to the music subject.

User Info Menu

You know what, I'm old.....and this past trip I hit the Jungle, Las Vegas, Bourbon Beach, Scrub a Dub and Alfreds. If there's a concert on the beach, I'm ther. Love the music,
    one of the main reasons I love Ja. And yes, many times I come stumbling in at 3 in the morning, probably because I don't do it at home. My point is the OP stated that after 20 plus years,
    at the same property, same romm mind you, that the BB music has become to late, and loud, and therefore are choosing not to return, they love the beach, love the peeps, but it's not for them anymore.I usually stay off these threads because of the silliness, and back and forth that always seems to happen.
    What really rubs me the wrong way is when the sarcasm has to start up. They stated there opinion, theres no right or wrong. Go ahead and say you disagree, but saying things like, go to the cliifs
    if you don't like it, or '' The beach would be a bunch of old people without the music'', or thinking you need to explain to me what a earplug is.......Jaherring, I believe you probably know you are
    in the minority here when it comes to your love of Jet skis, but that's what you like, and no one I believe tells you your wrong, or tells you to''go to the freaking other side of the island to
    ride those things'' no they don't.
    It's all the sarcasm B-----hit that changes a informative good thread to this. Theres a word for personalities that lack emphathy, and always have to be sarcastic.
    And Heisenburg,to characterize the cliffs like you do...really.... lots of folks on this site love the Cliffs, if it's not for you ,great, but to describe it like you do....wow.
    Packrat said it best, To bad it didn't end right there....I'm out.............

Administrator

User Info Menu

Jojo - I couldnt have said it better myself. On that note, this thread is closed.
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!