Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Loud Music

User Info Menu

Re: Loud Music

Not only do we normally stick to the cliffs, we actually go other places on the island that are even quieter! Even the Red Ground dancehall music in the 1970's was too much for me, and I was young then.
    Regards,
    Bob

User Info Menu

And that's why I've always stayed in the cliffs..nice & peaceful...love the beach in the daytime though

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TimP420 View Post
    Who cares?? Some people like music, if there were no parties in Negril it would just be a bunch of old people. If you don't like it, stick to the cliffs.
    I like music and parties, even though I'm old. What I don't like is music that is played too loudly and is distorted by way too much bass. Also, the original poster cares and the resort owner should care, as they lost a customer.
    Last edited by JR&Naise; 03-01-2015 at 12:34 AM.

User Info Menu

Just got back from another great holiday...had the opportunity to see Marcia Griffiths and Tarrus Riley during our stay. I'm happy the music is back in Negril. I wish the concerts were earlier like they were when the One Love series was going...start at 10, done by 2. Marcia didn't take the stage till 1am and Tarrus was about 12:30. Can't they enforce a curfew or something? Here in Canada, we have noise bylaws that restrict outdoor concerts. We were at Bourbon Beach one afternoon when they had the all-day rave going on....forced us to abandon our beach chairs and head up the beach to get away from the noise, as did a lot of others. They would have had way more patrons at their establishment if they had just turned down the decibel a bit....especially mid-afternoon! We stay across the road from the beach so the loud bass doesn't bother as much....and we always bring earplugs.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JR&Naise View Post
    I like music and parties, even though I'm old. What I don't like is music that is played too loudly and is distorted by way too much bass. Also, the original poster cares and the resort owner should care, as they lost a customer.
    Those darn young whippersnappers with their loud music and their bass. Something needs to be done about them having so much fun. I just can't believe people like such music in Jamaica.

User Info Menu

Its all about that bass, about that bass..... Gotta love sarcacsm Timp........... One of the few nights I went to bed early, it was so loud, I thought if you can't beat em, join em.
    I threw my clothes on and asked my security guard in front to step over to BB with me, there were 8 people there, probably not necessary then, just saying.

User Info Menu

Some people go to relax, others go to party. Concerts are a huge part of the scene in negril. All concerts are loud. You can't please everyone.

User Info Menu

Ear plugs?

User Info Menu

Little thingys you place in the ear canal to reduce noise. We have them here in the states. You can find them at Lowes, wal-mart, Home Depot, Sam's......

User Info Menu

Heisenburg, you should of been in my room, straight up next to where the DJ is at BB. You would see that earplugs would not of done anything. Now I'm not the OP, but they were my neighbors,
    and could relate to them. BB always has to be last and loudest. That's why I prefer Alfreds, when the crowd dwindles to nothing they call it a wrap... As Rudy the bartender says...'' you don't
    have to go home, but you gotta get the heeeeeeck out of here.''