Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Fabulous February !!! ( A little report)

User Info Menu

Fabulous February !!! ( A little report)

So while I usually go to Negril in April, It was to freezing cold here in Minnesota this winter, so I needed to break up the winter.
    So glad I did.
    The weather was great, with the exception of a couple days that were crazy windy. The waves were so wild that swimming was not an option.
    The bars were plenty busy!!! I can only imagine what the cliffs were like.
    Plus side of it was low humidity and few mosquitoes, and while I did get bit a few times, no chick v as of yet!
    My usual place I love to stay White Sands was full, so I decided to try Bar B Barn. Really glad that I did. It's really an excellent property,
    the restaurant has great food, along with Angelas, that has great pasta and pizza. The rooms were very nice, safes, cable tv, ac, good and plenty hot water,everything
    that I wanted.
    The only negative I could mention is that it is right next to Bourbon Beach. Very loud music nightly.
    While I really enjoyed it there, what really made my stay was a couple that I met on my very first day, that shared my second floor balcony and
    wouldn't you know it, they were boardies!!!
    Hd couple, I cannot tell you,what a pleasure it was to spend time with you and hear about your stories of all you Jamaica travels. Thanks for
    taking care of me when I needed it...lol... I will think of you both, fondly and often
    Although I was waiting patiently to meet up wit Irie chic, I was on a mission. So Sunday, I headed to rooms, to find a man with a Jamaican flag on his shoulder, and I found him,
    right away.
    Jamaicarob Lisa, Momthor, Treewacker, Stoner86, and you wives, what a great time I had with you all. What a group,
    Friday afternoon at Drifters was a highlight.
    Hopefully same time, same place next year. Jamaicarob, I believe you were born in the wrong country, my friend.....
    I also in the week made it up to the White Sands. There I met boardies Takinitslow,and wife Kim. HEY... I Know you two are still there, hope you are having a blast,
    hope the ibuprophen is lasting....lol. It was great spending time with you both, hope to see ya in Minney , it's freeeeezing here....
    Kahuna, I'm glad I got a chance to meet you, I ordered walk good...it will be my next plane ride read to Negril.
    I found myself beach busy this trip so I did.t even go on the bus crawl as usual, missed seeing Lenbert. we did make it up to Ricks and Peewees, Kevin an BethAnn, we were looking for you
    we told Elvis to say hey. First time at the boat bar, really liked the music. Spent some good times at Sunnyside, thought of you, Weatherman and Milady. Gave Odie a hug,
    or two, or three..... Irie chic, im so happy we got our beach time together, finally..... to much fun....I miss you mi friend.
    Big ups again to Steve Positive, always on time, cheerie, and dependable.
    If anyone is looking for great pizza, Angela at Bar B barn is excellent.I also will pass on a tip I got. A great liitle food place, for chicken and rice, and lots of other food, right next to
    Bar B barn, entrance on the street, has Christmas lights all around it. You can sit outside ,have a cocktail,and watch the runnings,as you wait for your food, very nice.
    Good bye day, was sad ,as usual, saying see ya next time to old friends, and new. Soon come April.

User Info Menu

Re: Fabulous February !!! ( A little report)

i'm a fan of bar b barn . . . my place in negril . . . glad you enjoyed your stay . . .

User Info Menu

we miss you , we already booked for Feb 9th to March 1st, 3 weeks, Feb roll call for 2016 soon come

User Info Menu

Nice time it seems you and the cool boardies had. I had fun reading your report. Thank you.

User Info Menu

You know,speaking of loud music,our first reach,like 20 years ago we were told to bring ear plugs if you were a light sleeper,more to do with barking dogs back then,but...

User Info Menu

Hi Jo
    it was nice meeting u . might see u next year, same time, same place, same bat channel. Did I ever tell u "SKYNYRD ROCKS"

User Info Menu

Nice report..CU soon.