Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Damn Horse Just Missed Stepping on My Foot!

User Info Menu

Damn Horse Just Missed Stepping on My Foot!

I was getting patties from the patty man. I was standing there beside his bike, barefoot in the sand, handing over cash, when I felt something on my left foot. I looked over, a horse with a tourist on it was walking by, right beside me. The horse had stepped very close to my left foot, so close that it had splashed sand up onto the top of my foot.

I cursed out loud and the patty guy said something to the effect that, 'Deh have no respect, mon.'

Yeah, I'll say, had the horse stepped on my foot I'm sure I would have sustained several broken bones and contusions.

Be very careful on the beach when horses are around, the losers that tend the horses care nothing about your safety.
    My Books:

Walk Good - Sunset Negril - Night Nurse
    Available @ www.amazon.com - search 'Roland Reimer'

User Info Menu

Re: Damn Horse Just Missed Stepping on My Foot!

we are not fans of horses on the beach either, not only for safety but the crap on the beach, soon come

User Info Menu

This is a very busy tourist season and in some places the beach is so crowded you are either walking through the sunbathers or right on the shoreline. We were walking along and here comes one of the racing horses with a local on it's back. I grabbed my wife and ran into the water. If I hadn't it would have been bad. He was playing chicken with me and the horse would have won. This is the second time that almost the exact same thing has happened to us. At some point a tourist, most likely a child not paying attention is going to be seriously hurt or worse. As with the jet skis that is when something may be done.

Speaking of jet skis. I think it was Saturday night February 21st, we see two jet skis being put in the water. They spent an hour or two racing up and down along the beach. Someone said the police had been called but I never saw them. We left the next day so I don't know if they are legally back or not.

User Info Menu

Jamaicarob, we were at Beachhouse Villas enjoying breakfast and one of the horses walked by and took a dump in the water. I could not believe how large an area of the water turned disgustingly brown. People that didn't see it happen walked right into it. Didn't make breakfast very appetizing.
    Last edited by Rumlover; 02-27-2015 at 04:44 PM.

User Info Menu

Agree with the above. Horses have no place on the beach. Disgusting!!!!

User Info Menu

In response to rumlover We asked the same question and were told that they were privately owned ,so they were legal I guess

User Info Menu

Negril needs our opinion on this too: The horses, no the operators, do great making the beach and water experience often a nightmare. Tall buildings and stuff, well what about a plan to stop the mess and the horrible and seemingly getting worse problems inflicted by those horse operators? Nuff said.

User Info Menu

I was at Treehouse in Jan when a galloping horse almost ran over a lady taking pictures - she noticed at the last minute luckily... and they 'poop' in the water all the time - a safety issue and also disgusting.

User Info Menu

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hdcouple View Post
    In response to rumlover We asked the same question and were told that they were privately owned ,so they were legal I guess
    I was with a hotel owner while the two jet skis were in our waters. The fact they were indeed privately owned and not for commercial use did create some legal questions that have, to my knowledge, been addressed. Private owners will need to follow the same restrictions as commercial businesses.
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!