Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Paddle board rental cost

User Info Menu

Re: Paddle board rental cost

Personally, I've never been on a paddleboard but would like to try. I didn't think that price was too high at all.

User Info Menu

Clinics for guests are Sunday / Tuesday and Thursdays at 7:30 AM
    Life vests are provided
    Quote Originally Posted by Melody View Post
    Gail, what days are the clinics?

User Info Menu

My daughter and son-in-law own a surf shop here in Fl and they also charge $25hr or $75 for 4 hrs and $125 for a full day. A high quality board,paddle and vest run over $1200. They only get 1 season out of them and based on the weather/sea conditions and demand, their board are only rented 8% of their operating hours. Add in the time and legal requirements to even have them, it doesn't leave much left for the bottom line. They make no money renting their boards, they only do it to provide awareness to their shop so renters will buy some of their product. It's $25 to try/do something you rarely will have an opportunity to do where you call home on a beach that is a absolutely perfect to do it on, step up my friends.

User Info Menu

25 bucks????? They don't even require fuel.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by gailnegril View Post
    Clinics for guests are Sunday / Tuesday and Thursdays at 7:30 AM
    Life vests are provided
    Thanks! Looks easy, but I'm sure it's very good core exercise/toning and relaxing

User Info Menu

We've done it in Hawaii and the Caymans. $25/hour (with discounts for longer periods) is pretty standard.

User Info Menu

once u r standing, the SUP experience opens up to whatever u want it to b. can b a good core workout if u choose to work it. u can race competitively with ur friends if that is ur choice. it can b a peaceful glide across the beautiful aqua wata. as u paddle, u can watch the beach wake up. if u move away from shore, u hear nothing yet everything ...peaceful and alone with ur thoughts - no judgement, no negativity, away from everyones business and no one in ur business.... if that is what ur mind chooses to think. stretching yoga style to the rhythms of the sea is nuff nice. u may witness a ray, starfish, pelicans diving for food, jackfish jumping .....the possibilities are endless. laying on the board as if one with the sea, the horizon looks very different from what u see from ur beach chair/bar stool or what ur eyes see when walking. SUP at sunset is lovely when the sea is calm. it's an awesome world out there if u choose to experience it.
    na mon, $25 is not an unreasonable price. standing is not as complicated as u may think. and who says u have to stand, u can kneel or sit paddling along.

User Info Menu

Cool Re: Paddle board rental cost

Quote Originally Posted by gailnegril View Post
    $25/ hour weather permitting, best early in the morning.
    thanks Gail, that sounds reasonable especially @ the best time of the day
    we will definetly be there sometime in our 2 week stay

User Info Menu

You can also rent them from Ryan at Sun Beach for about the same price. He has two of them. It's fun, but harder than it looks

User Info Menu

Standard price yea . Too much to stand on a board IMO. No wonder they don't rent more than 8% of time . Ten an hr they'd be out all day . They are expensive to buy granted but if they don't make money why not knock the price down. People paddle board a lot in my town at the lake very fun to do and hard to fish from