Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Trip Report.....Day 1....2/21

User Info Menu

Trip Report.....Day 1....2/21

First off, let me apologize in advance for my lack of technical ability....I can't seem to upload my pics onto my computer as of yet let alone onto the forum here....When the kinks are worked out I'll be sure to follow suit...If you haven't yet, checkout Negril Boardies on Facebook where I've posted a slew of videos....including some for Calico Jack's....Look up Tim Keefe...
    Back to the report....We've all awoken at some point (or didn't sleep) for an early flight...I won't belabor you all with that...I will say I was grateful to get Club Mobay....I had an early arrival for MoBay...well, noon....but before most flights get there...It saved me 20 minutes but you can't put a price tag on those eager moments of anticipation so it was well worth it...I skipped the welcome beverage because to get a bottle of beer, I'd have to sit in the lounge..I've done plenty of that in my time ...A 'to go' beer was in an 8 oz cup...No thanks! I see my buddy Dwayne (Nicoy Smith 876-376-1458) awaiting and I know he'll have a cooler filled to the brim for me. I've known Dwayne for years.
    After catching up and swilling a few, we stop by his girl Nadine's shop in Green Island so I can say 'hello'. Of course, the sub situation is of critical importance and Dwayne knows my high American standards for such things sub related. Once secured, we headed off to Negril...Checked into The Jamaica Tamboo....I knew it was going to be a special week when I was told Luciano would be playing later. Wow! I laughed at the 'supposed' start time of 10:00.....Knowing Jamaica as I do, I knew they left in one too many zeroes...lol...
    I'm a beach walker...day and night....Some don't suggest that, but I'm only here to tell my experience...I never get bothered but some of my local friends tell me it's because of my 'ganster' look....I laugh it off....Stopped at all my favorites waiting for the show to start....Yellowbird...Sunnyside....Tony's Hut....First sunset of the trip at White Sands....Then back to the tamboo to chill, eat some dinner and nap before the show....Dwayne and Nadine show back up at the tamboo at 11 to see the show....He was so excited to see Luciano!!!!!!! A lot of people were somewhat reticent, however, because Sizzla was a No Show week prior at Roots....We all got a good chuckle at 115 AM when we heard a voice over the microphone.....'He's here...he's just changing!' LOL.....He came out and rocked the house for an hour straight....fully demonstrating his leg kicks and passionate energy..

At this point, it's been almost 24 hours....Time for TimmyMon to go to bed....Share the rest soon....What a wild yet ever so relaxing week....

It's crazy how SLOW time goes by in Negril, isn't it?

User Info Menu

Re: Trip Report.....Day 1....2/21

nice start

User Info Menu

Waiting for more.
    Missing Jamaica

User Info Menu

I sat here and typed forever...with some pretty damn good material if I may add...and hit the wrong damn button and lost it all!!! Man that ticked me off....still does but gonna give it another whirl...back here in the cold on my day off waiting for my buddy to grab me for a beer...Anyway, at the very ripe, young age of 39, I vividly recall the days of the 90s when we partied all day at the Parrot and hit the Samsara for the shows...Ziggy, Yellowman, Maxipriest etc...Point is, Luciano kept me up late...I'm more of an early riser and bed by midnight...if I'm lucky....First thing I do is get outta my room at Tamboo and hop in the ocean...or do I sub it? Let's just say they're amongst the first two priorities of my daily life in Jamaica...After a nice Jamaican breakfast, I head out with the headphones on. My ambitious and lofty goal of waiting til noon for my first Red Stripe is rarely met. Today is about 10:30 which seems to be my average...From here, it's off to the races...My local friend Dwayne thinks I drink like 30....Who counts anyway?

Well, yesterday I left and went right. Today, it's left's turn. As I proceed on my journey to absolutely nowhere, I peek by the Bar B Barn. I'm told John and Betty, friends from last year's Boardie Bash, were back. I didn't see them but would a few days later on a similar destination-less walk. I past Traveller's and continue down....pop up and have a beer at the Corner Bar....After all, I am getting ready for Lenbert and the gang to scoop me up at the Tamboo at 235....
    Remember last year? Boardie Bash? 2 buses...I was looking at Groove's report before I left and saw pics of a bunch of us....Funny....Anyway, here is the quick synopsis.....1.Sunset on the Cliffs(best Bob mural ever) 2. Some bar across from Canoe (Forgive me!) 3. Horizon West (cool joint...nevah been before) 4. Xtabi (you know the drill) 5. is actually #2 and I screwed up the order...This was Palm Court Sports Bar (pool tables) 6. Sir D (TimmyMon's favorite bar) 7. closed it out at The Negril Escape....As usual, met some fascinating individuals and the night was peppered with laughter. Everyone seems to be from Wisconsin and Canada. I was the unique northeastern representative...therefore, the only die hahd Pats fan....Whatever happened to Deflategate anyway? Hmmm....Sorry...Now that I have your attention....Had to...Anyway...
    Back to Tamboo for Red Stripe refill...throw on the phones and back to the beach....right again.....Night time....The thing I am comfortable with here in Negril is how I can be both in my own world....and my own zone....and be very well cognizant of all my surroundings....I make it down to Seaplash...Who knows how many stops I make....I think I pop into Boat Bar for a bit....Time to hea back

Having a blast but the total Jamaican relaxation vibe hasn't yet hit. I know it's imminent. I can feel it.
    Soon Come
    and soon come more tomorrow
    If I hit the wrong button again Im gonna be pissed

User Info Menu

Great stuff. Enjoying it. Thank you.

User Info Menu

Pretty sure I met you one nite at No Limit. We talked out back.......2 bald headed guys from Long Island.....

User Info Menu

Looking foward to more!!!!

User Info Menu

Going to negril in a couple weeks gonna stop in green island , what's is Nadine's shops name , does she sell food ? Beers ect ect . Would like some non mids in the sub department and some food after flight. Also I took Dwayne's number down I think it may be same guy I met a couple yrs back . Gonna call him when there thanks bigtime

Sponsor

User Info Menu

Very nice!
    I hope to see Sizzla in concert soon!!

User Info Menu

Great start can't wiat to read more