Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Drifters Bar...WOW

User Info Menu

Drifters Bar...WOW

just got back from Negril a week ago, this was our 7 th straight year in Negril, small trip report soon come, not just Lisa and i but other boardies and other tourists which we were with said it was the highlight of their trip, Ben E King from the Drifters was amazing, if you do not know he was lead man from the Drifters, his main songs were , Under the Boardwalk, Stand By Me, This Magic Moment, he also had lots of pro talent from north america performing with the sax , harmonica as well, we highly recommend Drifters and will be back next Feb for a repeat, soon come

User Info Menu

Re: Drifters Bar...WOW

Ben E King?

linston@redplate-negril.com

User Info Menu

JamaicaRob...do you mean the owner of Drifters Bar, Luddy Samms "was amazing" as a singer and also part of the musical group the Drifters?
    Or, did Ben E. King show up at Luddy's bar and entertain that day as another fabulous talent?

User Info Menu

sorry, Ben E king at Drifters, soon come

User Info Menu

Where is Drifters located

User Info Menu

near the mile conv store abt a 7 min walk from Rooms going toward town, soon come

User Info Menu

yup, Drifters in January, 2 x, was the highlight of my trip. Best time I've had at one location in Negril.

User Info Menu

Ben E King, was a member of the 2nd "Drifters" line up in the US, he also co-wrote "Stand by me". He wasn't with the group when they recorded "Under the boardwalk". Luddy Samms was never in a US "Drifters" group. He may have been a member of one of the many splinter groups that toured the UK and Europe.

User Info Menu

Drifters was one my favorites as well on our trip in Feb this year! We went with a group of friends and I had the best rum punches (and I had tried most around Negril) and what a deal~ 2-4-1 @400J even better~ chill vibe, lot's of laughs and dancing!

User Info Menu

Hi Rob
    I noticed u had a nice pair of blue shoes on, where did u find such nice shoes ? hope they never disappear !! and yes that was a very good day at drifters .the next beer is on me !