Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Half Moon Beach and Calico Jack's Island Bar

User Info Menu

Half Moon Beach and Calico Jack's Island Bar

Had the pleasure this trip to go twice with different friends. This location is just past Rhodes Hall as you head out of Negril towards Mo-Bay.

The entrance fee is $ 5.00 to enjoy the tranquility of the beach and they have a few loungers along with restaurant /bar.

There is another fee of $ 5.00 each, roundtrip to take a motor boat or house boat or wooden raft out to the Island Pirate Bar.

Big plus for the Island bar is a flushing toilet into a holding tank so you can enjoy those few beers along with a tasty lunch cooked on the spot.

This is a lovely shaded spot with a great breeze to hang out and chill and perhaps do a little snorkeling.

Choice of Lobster/Chicken/fish with rice and peas - macaroni salad and coleslaw

www.halfmoonbeachjamaica.com - thank you Tanya - Andrew and Josh for your hospitality!

Name:  IMG_1118 (1024x768).jpg
Views: 665
Size:  99.9 KB

Name:  Calico Jack-3.jpg
Views: 611
Size:  76.7 KB

Name:  IMG_1127 (1024x768).jpg
Views: 659
Size:  90.7 KB

Name:  IMG_1126 (1024x768).jpg
Views: 657
Size:  91.8 KB

Name:  IMG_1130 (1024x768).jpg
Views: 651
Size:  100.2 KB

User Info Menu

Re: Half Moon Beach and Calico Jack's Isalnd Bar

Donna...we only got charged for the boat fee....no charge for entrance?

User Info Menu

Looks like the next best thing. Since Rhodes Hall is.......well anyway. Big up Half Moon Beach!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

User Info Menu

Looks wonderful,how were the food and beer prices? Thanks for sharing!

User Info Menu

Kimbobwee - we got charged on first visit for entrance but not on our second visit

Billndonna - I think lobster was around $ 20-22 and drinks about $ 3 to 4 - can't say for sure but not more than that.

User Info Menu

Wow that looks awesome Irie!

User Info Menu

For 20$ I had the best grilled lobster I've ever had in Negril. Perfectly cooked, still moist and tender. The sides were generous and tasty. I see by the chefs attire that they have dropped the pirate theme. Good. A much more pleasant adventure closer to Negril than Pelican bar and with clean toilet facilities. Good snorkelling in shallow water off the island. I don't have as many friends as Irie Always so only went once!

User Info Menu

Do they allow picnics there? I would of course not be adverse to buying a few drinks but would like to bring some snacks/sammies/soft drinks in a small cooler as well.

User Info Menu

I believe they don't, but you could always phone ahead and clarify.

User Info Menu

I was under the assumption that this was a chain restaurant? It doesn't appear to be though.

Blue Cave Castle '12, '13 '14 '15 '16 Catcha Falling Star '13 Boardwalk Village '14 '15