Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

Thread: One Love Pub Crawl

User Info Menu

Re: One Love Pub Crawl

We did it the first time about 5 years ago and now when we do the crawl very visit and we usually have a bunch of our friends do it with us.It's once a year we get to vacation in Negril and we want to get out and see everything and we never had a bad experience.We say try it,you can always opt to take a taxi back to your hotel from any place you stop.
    PS:One time we had 50 people on da bus dat only hold tirty tree people,had a blast!
    Last edited by billndonna; 04-17-2015 at 08:08 AM.

User Info Menu

Personally, we love hanging with other tourists and always have a blast on Lenberts bus. He takes good care of you and makes sure you have fun. It is well worth the money you will spend! Go and enjoy!

User Info Menu

Take the tour. You will have a good time and see places you might never get to, unless you were to make a big plan, which can be very difficult when sand gravity takes over.
    If you are worried about something, do something about it. If there is nothing you can do, why worry!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by newfiegirl59 View Post
    So all you ppl saying it's worth being jammed into a bus way over capacity and you are still having fun i highly doubt it, and i do feel it's got to the point it is a accident waiting to happen.
    So what...you are calling us liars? How do you know what we think? Actually I find the Love Bus more fun when the bus is overfull than with just 10-15 people on it...and i have been on it both ways. It might not be your cup of tea but what do you know of others personal experience...you sure do not know mine!!

As for safety, Lenbert is probably one of the safest drivers I have rode with while in Jamaica. I feel way safer slowly cruising the Beach Road and the West End with Lenbert behind the wheel (and I have sat in the front with him on more than one occasion) than speeding down the road to and from MoBay.

As for the price of beers, as other have said, it is our $$, if you do not want to part with an extra dollar for a stubbie, don't. If you are so worried about saving a buck then maybe this is not for you, but the Pub Crawl is an attraction and what you pay for the 4-5 hours in my book is a deal.

I will continue to go with Lenbert every time I am there, what he does is a great service for the less frequented establishments of Negril...and good for him making a pretty decent living also. Win-win for everyone if you ask me....SMH.
    Last edited by Face Down; 04-17-2015 at 10:04 AM.
    Ya Mon...Heading home
    10/9-10/16 @ Idle Awhile & the Zoo!
    3/14-3/21 @ The Zoo

User Info Menu

Thanks for the advice to everyone...I am back on board!!!

User Info Menu

would love to hear from you after your ride Dan, hope your run is a good one as my first 2 where but the last 2 where horrible. only got to 4 places as he was doing a double run cause the bus was soooo overbooked had to take all the ppl. in 2 shifts then the ac quit. but you should have fun being squeezed in like a can of sardines.

User Info Menu

We have done it both times we were in negril. Had a blast both times. You will probably stop at places you normally wouldn't have on your own. Interestingly enough we met some folks from our home town on the first crawl. It's fun if nothing else to people watch!
    [/url]

Sometimes it's better to beg for forgiveness than ask for permission.

User Info Menu

We did this last week (April 15). We had a great time even though it rained most of the time. We did 8 stops total. Bus was a bit more packed than I expected but luckily the stops were a sort distance apart. By the time we left Sir D on the cliffs for the ride back we were all in a fun party mood.

April 2016 - April 2015 - Feb. 2008 - Aug 2006 - Aug 2005 - Aug 2004 - Feb 2004 - Feb 2003 - Feb 2002 - Feb 2001 - Feb 1999 - Feb 1998

User Info Menu

I come from Montreal (Wow. What a surprise ... M&G Montreal are from Montreal! Go figure!). A beer in the local suburban dive is $8; a rum & coke is usually $9+. It's more downtown. Yeah, it's Canadian Dollars, but work with me here, people. You don't want to know what it costs at a Canadians hockey game! Plus tip. AND 15% TAX! Seriously! To buy a bottle of rum at local liquor store, 40 oz., will set you back a min. of $35.00.

$4 a Red Stripe and $4.00 a rum punch is looking pretty good to me. If they bump their prices for pub crawl - well, the Bell Centre does it shamelessly for every Canadiens game ... so, WTF? $3.40-$4.50 is still better than happy hour in the Great White North!

After spending a couple of grand to vacay in Negril, I don't begrudge anyone an afternoon/evening of entertainment for about $30 a head. Yeesh, it would cost me $30 to do a movie, with popcorn and a small bucket of a soft drink I don't even want! ANI have to do the driving! Though snow .... and ice ... and slush ..... and ... you get my point!

I don't see the problem. But maybe my brain is still frozen from our Canadian winter.

Relax. Think about it. Let the moths out of your wallet (seriously ... it cost you more than a $10 tip and $4 a Stripe to get there, right?).

The bus is packed? Yeah, well ... whatevs .... just look on the bright side! Nobody has to get out and push it out of the snow bank. (Just putting it in perspective here ...) You're on vacation - open up a bit. And if you're not comfortable with it .... hail a RED PLATE and go where you are!

You're on vacation, for goodness sake! Leave the stress behind and get out of your box!

JMHO!
    Last edited by M&G Montreal; 04-20-2015 at 09:52 PM. Reason: Missed a point!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TAH View Post
    I don't think you could pay me enough to get on that thing.
    Lol! Thanks for being the first one to say it.