Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Wearing "camo" clothes or hats

User Info Menu

Re: Wearing "camo" clothes or hats

Quote Originally Posted by Accompong View Post
    I know that when I go on vacation somewhere I want to look as paramilitary as possible all the time. A simulated knife in my teeth and a couple of dummy handgrenades round out the look.

In a world rife with terrorists, looking like a possible menace is high on the list. What ever happened to Hawaiian Shirts?

My personal opinion

1 of a handful of times that I have wanted to dust off the BDU's in the last 20 years.....

User Info Menu

I've worn cut off BDUs down there and never noticed any looks. The only place that I've been where I wont wear them is China.

User Info Menu

Camouflage is not allowed? Somebody better tell Bobo.

(*picture shamelessly lifted from Booger's trip report)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Hussyband View Post
    A young lady that works with the resort we frequent is on my wife's facebook page. She has some "outfits" that are camo. I doubt anyone would mistake what she is wearing as para military, but they are certainly interesting... And not really camouflaging much of anything....
    Hussyband - I'm going to have to see those pictures for myself. Just for, you know, "research".

User Info Menu

why "play" Army ???? I did but I was under 10 then.....
    "One of the laundry gals pipes up ,,"LOOK AT DA BLOOD"
    "YES,THAT WOULD BE MINE" I said as my leg that at first gave no pain, started dishing it out in large bunches........"

want more read our blog? our first trip.........http://negril.com/forum/entry.php?58...-The-Beginning

User Info Menu

That's what all of us wearing camo are doing...playing Army...

User Info Menu

it's a NO NO in Jamaica.......if you do....you are asking for a problem in Jamaica......

when Ziggy Marley and the Melody Makers were touring the USA about 15 years ago.....
    they were all dressed in military camo.... it didn't strike mi why they were until after they started playing.....lol
    couldn't do dat in Jamaica without having a problem thus sticking up der nose at Babylon in Jamaica from the good olde USA....

Cool Runnings, Marko
    Americana Ocho Rios 82~HedoII 84,91~T-Water 85~Wexford Court Mobay 85~Miss Mary’s 86,87~Barry’s 88~Seawinds Mobay 89~LTU 91~Charela Inn 92~Negril Inn 92~SamSara 93,94~Ocean Edge 95,96~Singles 95,96~Thrills 95~Hilltop 96,99~Pee Wees 97~Kool Browns/Bentley's 97~Cottage 99-03~Roots Bamboo 03~Merrill’s I&II 04,05~Corals Seas Cliffs & Beach 06~Catcha Falling Star 07~Blue Cave Castle 08~SeaStar 10,12~(4x)Bourbon Beach 12~T&J Cottages on Ella Dr 12-18~PeWee Cottages 18~Lynch Cottages 19,20

User Info Menu

I wore my bell bottom dungarees when I got out of the Navy in 1972. They were still kinda hip. But I preferred my civies to my uniform the previous 4 years. The hair cut still gave me away! The thought of giving the appearance of military garb just rubs me the wrong way. Trying to look like a vet, pardner? Give it a rest. None of my friends who are serious hunters wear their camo except in the woods.

That said, I've been wearing an olive drab sun hat for decades in Jamaica (and everywhere else) to keep my shaved head protected. For some reason I garnered a salute and a few "Are you military?" this trip. Maybe because I was here for a month and a half and more people had an opportunity to ask. At the end of the day, I say, wear what you want, but don't snicker at my speedo! Grumpier than that cat --Marblehead
    We're all in this together and none of us is getting out alive.

User Info Menu

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 686
Size:  89.2 KB

not the young lady I referred to, Mike... Sorry

User Info Menu

Thank goodness I read this today.. I just got back from Belize..have NEVER worn camo except for deer hunting..but bought a pair of Capri camo roll up pants..didn't even think about it...will b in Negril in 16 days..will not be bringing those!! THANKYOU!!!