Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Wearing "camo" clothes or hats

User Info Menu

Re: Wearing "camo" clothes or hats

Just returned from jays hideaway and I wore camo all the time with having family in military I always have some . No issues if anything all the locals guys refer to me as solider . I helped a young girl outta a car in a accident in camo pants and they thought I was paramedic lol . I hope the little one was ok

User Info Menu

Guess I will clarify that when the customs officer explained that i could not enter the country with the cargo shorts I was wearing it was the specific pattern and color of the camo that I had on. Which was this:

Name:  best-camo-shorts-reviews.jpg
Views: 532
Size:  42.7 KB
    Ya Mon...Heading home
    10/9-10/16 @ Idle Awhile & the Zoo!
    3/14-3/21 @ The Zoo

User Info Menu

So did you have to change? I've gone through with woodland camo cut offs with no problem before.

User Info Menu

Made me change and told me that they would be confiscated. Only bathroom was all the way back where you leave immigration where I changed and put them back in my luggage. She then let me pass without issue. This was 2 or 3 years ago....since then I still where camo in JA, just not that color or pattern and not on the plane.
    Ya Mon...Heading home
    10/9-10/16 @ Idle Awhile & the Zoo!
    3/14-3/21 @ The Zoo

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Face Down View Post
    Made me change and told me that they would be confiscated. Only bathroom was all the way back where you leave immigration where I changed and put them back in my luggage. She then let me pass without issue. This was 2 or 3 years ago....since then I still where camo in JA, just not that color or pattern and not on the plane.
    Man. Thanks for the info. I'll have to keep that in mind for my flights.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bigtime View Post
    Just returned from jays hideaway and I wore camo all the time with having family in military I always have some . No issues if anything all the locals guys refer to me as solider . I helped a young girl outta a car in a accident in camo pants and they thought I was paramedic lol . I hope the little one was ok
    That can be a compliment or not.

On another note, I was watching on facebook a video of a guy being rather upset at a beggar/street person wearing a full camo uniform claiming he was a falsely a vet...dude didn't even serve. Granted the video was a 180 from people wearing shorts and not a full uniform....but I can now overstand how people can be upset with people wearing it.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eco View Post
    That can be a compliment or not.

On another note, I was watching on facebook a video of a guy being rather upset at a beggar/street person wearing a full camo uniform claiming he was a falsely a vet...dude didn't even serve. Granted the video was a 180 from people wearing shorts and not a full uniform....but I can now overstand how people can be upset with people wearing it.
    Saw the same video, and want to $hit in that dudes mouth. With that said, and as a vet, I have zero issue with anyone wearing a pair of camo shorts or a camo shirt. Wearing a full set of BDU's and fronting that you are a vet or active duty is insulting. I have other thoughts on this but will keep it to myself.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by booger View Post
    Saw the same video, and want to $hit in that dudes mouth. With that said, and as a vet, I have zero issue with anyone wearing a pair of camo shorts or a camo shirt. Wearing a full set of BDU's and fronting that you are a vet or active duty is insulting. I have other thoughts on this but will keep it to myself.
    Agree 100%......wearing a bit of camo, and "stolen valor" are far, far, FAR from being one and the same. I don't think anyone has a right to be upset about someone wearing camo(legal discussions aside)...but representing one as something they are not, never have been, and never will be is a different animal all together, and can certainly understand why THAT would upset people.

User Info Menu

I saw a similar youtube video recently, except the dude wasn't homeless - he was a regular guy walking through a suburban PA shopping mall wearing Army Ranger fatigues. A real Ranger walked up to him and called him out real fast, as some of his patches and medals were misplaced. Turns out the scumbag likes to go around town impersonating State Troopers, too.

I don't own any camo, but if I did it would only be for fashion purposes. I don't hunt and I am far from a military vet. However, I appreciate that the Jamaican laws governing the wearing of camo was shared here. I was previously not aware of these policies.

User Info Menu

This guy pissed off a whole country
    http://news.nationalpost.com/2015/03...pleads-guilty/