Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Current reports on no seem em's, sand fleas, etc...

User Info Menu

Re: Current reports on no seem em's, sand fleas, etc...

Here now. Got one or two mosquito bites. No fleas. Not using bug repellent.

User Info Menu

Yesterday I did take a shot from a jelly fish in water off of White Sands near edge of the roped of section. It was more irritating than painful. Used a mixture of Red Stripe and punch to sooth it.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DaxShepherd View Post
    Yesterday I did take a shot from a jelly fish in water off of White Sands near edge of the roped of section. It was more irritating than painful. Used a mixture of Red Stripe and punch to sooth it.
    A time and again proven remedy!

User Info Menu

Did you smear that on or drink it down?
    If you are worried about something, do something about it. If there is nothing you can do, why worry!

User Info Menu

I was advised by Doctor Love to drink it down. Best medicine I ever had. Worked like a charm. Feels great today.

User Info Menu

mosquitos were no problem at all.didnt even see one.i wear flea collers on my ankles,so of course sand fleas were also no problem,not one bite

User Info Menu

I've been up in the hills for 6 days. No real bother with mosquito.

Just a really bad case of rock gravity
    Linston's Zion Hill Taxi

Captain Dave

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Mud Meyer View Post
    i wear flea collers on my ankles
    ??? Sorry for the ignorance; I envision dog flea collars! What are you referring to?

User Info Menu

sand fleas really love me,i used to get hundreds of sand flea bites on my legs.i tried DOG flea collers fastened loosly on each ankle so they can slide up and down your legs.i put them on when I get there and take them off when I leave for the airport.you even wear them in the water swimming.in the 15 years that ive been using them I went from hundreds of bites to zero in the 3 weeks time I spend there.putting them on loosely prevents you from getting a rash because the water washes off any residue from the flea collers.

User Info Menu

Just flew in last night from chill land...10 great days (never have had a bum day) sand fleas are same as it ever was, stay away at dusk, or take a break then. We HAVE to be up every morn at dawn on a beach (poka dot legs where surf washed off bug juice). But by far the biggest concern was from friends/locals who have contracted chickengunia(?)in the past year or so. Spread by skeetos so spray well in evening. By the end of our trip I was calling it chickenganja. Never any kind of deal breaker on a Jamaica visit, just a caution for precaution. As always, the good that Jamaica has offered far offsets any bad.