Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Current reports on no seem em's, sand fleas, etc...

User Info Menu

Current reports on no seem em's, sand fleas, etc...

Any recent travelers or on location boardies have up dates on biting insect situation? Better, worse or the same as usual?

Name:  bugs.gif
Views: 587
Size:  5.3 KB

Sponsor

User Info Menu

Re: Current reports on no seem em's, sand fleas, etc...

I was in JA first week of March. Armed with deet etc. but never needed it. I do not as a rule, spend time on the sand at sunset though so probably avoided many sandfleas.
    love the 'bug' in your post!

User Info Menu

It has been awhile but we were there mid Feb armed with spray, a vape mat, and afterbite and nothing. Not even one bite

User Info Menu

Was there all Feb. Fleas as usual, early morn and evening
    If you are worried about something, do something about it. If there is nothing you can do, why worry!

User Info Menu

the bugs were awful there in febuary mostly at nite mosquitos ate me alive.bug spray did help

User Info Menu

I just always have something burning never seen a sand flea in Negril.

User Info Menu

The sand fleas are living in the discarded cigarette butts and really developing a taste for humans.
    If you are worried about something, do something about it. If there is nothing you can do, why worry!

User Info Menu

I met an amazing number of Jamaicans who had contracted the mosquito borne Chikungunya. Wow! Incredible pain that can persist in the joints for an extended period of time. It's definitely something to avoid so we kept the DEET handy and kept the screens secure as much as possible. We both got a couple of bites, but not sure who were the culprits. Off! wipes are very popular with people I know. I also recommend After Bite, too.
    We're all in this together and none of us is getting out alive.

User Info Menu

Had about 50 on my legs in February...itchy and kept me up. Take bug spray and antihistamine cream!

User Info Menu

There seem to be very few mosquitoes, that I have seen, right now. Yes, they are around but haven't really bothered me. As for sand fleas, I always spray my legs before going out to the beach at night or after it rains. If I am at a beach bar I also spray my arms because there is sand on the tables even if you don't see it. The other thing I do is to shower when I get back so there is no sand on me at all. I once had sand fleas in my bed - it has never happened again.
    Irie Sue