Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Cooking while in Negril

User Info Menu

Cooking while in Negril

Anticipation is mounting for our first Jamaican trip! My wife will be about 4.5 months pregnant so its our last hurrah before baby time.

I have been reading about all the great spots to eat but Im a chef at heart so I am eager to use local ingredients and do some cooking for us while at CW. Im interested in knowing where and when farmers-markets are going on and recommendations about getting my hands on fresh fish/ seafood, I saw there is a fish market toward the end of 7 mile near the river, is that the goto? Thanks

User Info Menu

Re: Cooking while in Negril

Fish market is wonderful! Next door to the draft market. Get there early morning or after 3, that is when boats come in. Farmer's market is last Wednesday in the month. near the roundabout there are vendors selling veggies most of the time. Also near Treehouse there is a guy who fishes in his Kayak every morning and comes in around 10:30-11:00 am with fresh fish and lobster.

User Info Menu

Ohio

I did some cooking this time and the local ingredients are great. Especially the fish. Assuming you like to grill, check out Picnic Time Caliente Portable BBQ Grill/Cooler Set https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    It's compact and a great item to pack fragile items in, too. --Marblehead
    We're all in this together and none of us is getting out alive.

User Info Menu

Nice, thanks Marblehead, FLR - I work in Geneva and stay in Rhomulus.