Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: JHTA Meeting Today for Breakwater Vote

User Info Menu

JHTA Meeting Today for Breakwater Vote

Negril Treehouse is a SOLID NO to Breakwaters-
    FYI

User Info Menu

Re: JHTA Meeting Today for Breakwater Vote

I agree, mother nature does'nt need any support from us, let nature run its course

[/url]

User Info Menu

I heard good news, no won!

User Info Menu

I hope thats true! Just read yesterday that Lee Issa (owner of Couples Resorts) was elected president of the Negril Chamber of Commerce. I don't know if that position has any power to sway things,probably not, but I know he was against the breakwater project. Lets hope that everyone that has vested interest in Negril can get together and do whats right for the people of Negril and surrounding areas.

User Info Menu

Regardless of how anyone feels, this project has been approved and will be going forward. Maybe there is still some "wriggle room" for the residents and resort owners in Negril to modify the scope etc. but that is about all that is left at this time.
    http://jamaica-gleaner.com/article/n...oject-approved
    I am sure that a lot of consideration has gone into the future effect of the ocean's rising several feet due to Global Warming although "Climate Change" deniers might disagree. Beaches as we know them now all over the world will be changing. Some will submerge under the rising water and some will just simply cease to exist from increased erosion. I understand why Gail and other in the JHTA are worried over what might happen when the breakwater is built but some feel the alternative to doing nothing like Negril1990 says
    I agree, mother nature does'nt need any support from us, let nature run its course
    but nature is far from finished running its course with dire consequences looming in the future.

Just my opinion.
    Free Opinions Offered. No tipping required. Hours: Open when I feel like it.

User Info Menu

Has beach replenishment (sand) been attempted previously in Negril, and if so, what were the results? Cost compared to the "breakwater" ?