Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Price Guide/Newbie tips

User Info Menu

Re: Price Guide/Newbie tips

Quote Originally Posted by Crossjamaicatours View Post
    Please call CrossJamaicaTours if you need assistance. We would be happy to be part of your upcoming trip to Jamaica! We provide for transfers from and to airport, tours all over the Island and taxi services all around Negril. Our taxi are always sitting in Negril and ready for short distance transfers. Anywhere you are in Negril call us and we will reach you in less than ten minutes. All our taxi have red plate

Phone: (876) 362-4906

Email: crossjamaicatours@gmail.com
    Big up! Email Owen - you won't regret it!

Great tips @Iowa.

"Food budget is up to you" - a good one, and also very subjective. Personally, my wife an I ate like kings (some days) for about $50 per person. In Jamaica, eating like a king isn't defined by the price of the meal but rather the quality of the food and cook. One day we got a lobster dinner for 2 for less than $40 at 3 dives (there was a special) and it was one of our favorite meals. Ask around. There are great deals everywhere. The side of the road jerk places are my favorite. I can't get decent jerk here, so $5-10 for a good jerk dinner is eating like a king for me.

"Rick's and Margaritaville are the worst values" - I didn't dare venture to Margaritaville. I did try Ricks and, out of 28 days in Negril, it was the worst experience and a complete waste of money. If you want to "see" Ricks, catch a catamaran and view the tourist trap from a distance. Otherwise, expect to eat a TGI Friday's or Chilli's style dinner for 25-50% more than a comparable meal in the USA.

"Tip like you are a little crazy" - yes, I couldn't agree more! Don't forget about the hotel staff and taxi drivers. If you are in Negril in the off season, tip even better than you normally would (when deserved).

Thanks for the great tips!

User Info Menu

Great information! Kind of like home. Bring one's and fives for tips. I like out of the way places. Treat you better and the bigger places get plenty of biz. If you know of places like this, please post. I will be there in February

User Info Menu

Try the Corner Bar on west end road as you first turn to the cliffs, its on trip adviser great food Jamaicans eat there all the time

User Info Menu

Many resorts have a 10% "Resort Service Charge" listed in their rates. At most resorts including CoCoLaPalm this is split among the "backroom" people who keep things running smoothly but never see tips ............. dishwashers, gardeners, laundry personnel, maintenance personnel etc....

User Info Menu

The Corner Bar is the best buy in Negril