Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: I lucked up and made it to the Farmers Market, last wednesday of the month I think

User Info Menu

Red face I lucked up and made it to the Farmers Market, last wednesday of the month I think

I am staying in family yaad now a days.
    The prices in the grocery stores are high.

One day, I was heading to see a friend at the Beach Park next to the Craft Market.
    Ringo, a/k/a The Mountain Man is his name.
    You have seen me write about him before.
    Anyway, I made it to the parking lot and saw 3 Red Stipes (police) standing towards the back.
    Hmmm, I guess something was going on.
    I turned to the right and walked around them.
    I made it to the beach and looked back...there were a lot of folks milling around.

"Oh, that must be the Farmers Market" I said.

I swam for about 45 minutes and then dried off and headed over to check out the fruits.
    Many, many stalls set up with great veggies and fruits.

100 J for a bag of this and 100 J a pound for that!
    100 J is close to one dollar
    I ended up getting 5-6 bags of stuff and a few cabbages to boot.
    Man, I have too much to walk with!

Luckily I saved a few hundred J for a Taxi ride home.

User Info Menu

Re: I lucked up and made it to the Farmers Market, last wednesday of the month I thin

I was lucky to hit up the market same day as you . The prices were right that's for sure and product fresh as can be . Next reach I'll be planning my trip near last wed of the month to get all fresh fruits and veggies there. I brought a pair of new air Jordan's and gave to a little boy there . They were slightly to big but he loved them and wore them with a huge smile as he showed them off to his family . The whole scene and experience was great there . They had a good spice guy too I took advantage of this to get some spice for home. If you are talkn bout mountian man "c" I went to his bar just by the pier on most evenings for a beer and sunset . Also got a huge conch shell from him . He really cool guy lots of info to give .

User Info Menu

Re: I lucked up and made it to the Farmers Market, last wednesday of the month I thin

Also from from grocery store experience s the prices were the same as my home in Toronto ? Seeing as the island income is much lower than home . I felt bad for the people as I felt and saw how hard it is to eat healthy on there wages ect . All fruit and veggies were so tiny too lol my limes were small as grapes and my cucumbers like zucchini