Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do you take your insurance card with you on vacation

User Info Menu

Do you take your insurance card with you on vacation

In negril or anywhere overseas for that matter? I usually do but wonder if I'm being silly because its not like if I get hurt they will say ma'am how much is your emergency room copay? OR will they? I hope I never know.

Was just wondering if you guys do?

User Info Menu

Re: Do you take your insurance card with you on vacation

Mine is in my money clip, along with ID and credit cards. It goes everywhere with me....its not as though it adds a lot of bulk or weight to my daily load LOL Yes, it goes to Jamaica, not because I'm sure it will serve a purpose, but because I didn't see any reason to purposely leave it home.

User Info Menu

I am not sure my insurance card would help me much in Jamaica as my experience, thank goodness albeit limited in this regard, tells me cash is what the service provider wants and for me to be reimbursed by my insurer.

User Info Menu

I do...
    "Yeah, I'm cocky and I am arrogant. But that doesn't mean I'm not a nice person."

—Jeremy Roenick

User Info Menu

doubt it would help much, but I carry it. in any case, in the event something happens while in transit in the states it's good to have.

User Info Menu

Most US issued insurance policies (I have BCBS) coverage stops at the border. Wise to get international travel insurance (like IMG). Can be purchased for one trip or yearly-multiple trip coverage... also may be included + can purchase upgraded evacuation insurance. I have checked and my IMG insurance (premiums seem relatively cheap) + would even cover private hospitals like Hope in Mobay....I try to come down with with a large open balance on my credit card because I have heard that hospitals may want $$ up front and then you can collect from your insurance company later...

User Info Menu

I bring mine always.

User Info Menu

Couldn't hurt to bring your inf. Might get lucky and they would honor your health insurance. Then again the Jamaican Lottery has drawings every night

User Info Menu

First time ever purchasing Travel Insurance. Purchased when I bought my airline tickets. Total cost for four - $138. Seemed like a good deal.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by VVHT View Post
    First time ever purchasing Travel Insurance. Purchased when I bought my airline tickets. Total cost for four - $138. Seemed like a good deal.
    Print and read it, every cheap policy I get has an exclusion for stuff like intoxication. Some of us stay intoxication more than they do sober on vacation....