Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 28 of 66 FirstFirst ... 18232425262728293031323338 ... LastLast

Thread: Rocky's taxi and tour service

User Info Menu

Re: Rocky's taxi and tour service

Hi MN negril fan, you are most welcome, Things are not so fast but I am very optimistic.
    Hope all is well with you.

User Info Menu

Hi there! I just sent a message to you through your website about setting up a tour in April. I look forward to hearing back from you!

*Edit*
    Just finished setting up a tour of the Appleton Rum Estate and a trip to the Pelican bar! I am super impressed with how quickly I received a response!! That is huge for me since I am such a planner!! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

See you in April!!
    Last edited by Jamerican1; 02-18-2013 at 05:15 PM.
    [=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

User Info Menu

Thanks I am looking forward, See you

User Info Menu

Did You Know?

Dunn's River Falls is one of Jamaica's national treasures. Globally, it is as well known as reggae and equally stimulating. There are few places where the Arawak name "Xayamaca" - land of rivers and springs - is more apt. The Spaniards called the area "Las Chorreras", the waterfalls or springs and it is truly one of the most beautiful spots on the island. Dunn’s River Falls has a very fascinating history. It is said to be the location of the legendary battle of "Las Chorreras". This battle was fought in the year, 1657 and took place near Dunn’s River Falls. It was between the English and the Spanish Expeditionary Force from Cuba. The battle was in fact for ownership of the island.

User Info Menu

Did You Know

Black River

The town sits at the mouth of the river from which it gets its name.Up to the early 20th century it was a bustling commercial centre at the forefront of many developments taking place in Jamaica.You'd never guess it now, but it was the first town in Jamaica to get electricity, had the first telephone exchange, received Jamaica's first car, and had the best racetrack on the island.

Rocky's Tours for all your transportation needs
    Tel: 1876-648-1877
    Mobile: 1876-370-7915
    Email: rockystours@yahoo.com
    Last edited by ROCKY'S TAXI AND TOURS; 02-11-2014 at 11:46 AM.

User Info Menu

How do you like these historical facts about Jamaica? Please share your views.

User Info Menu

Did You Know

Negril's History:
    The first to discover Negril's charms were the "Hippies and Flower Children" of the early seventies, who naturally gravitated to the laid-back lifestyle here and related to the warmth and gentleness of the sparse population. Their influx led to the development of Negril's West End on the cliffs beyond the lighthouse.

Please Remember ROCKY THURSDAY day Tour.
    This Tour goes to 3 attractions on the southern side of the Island.
    Black River, YS Falls and Floyds Pelican Bar. This exciting Tour
    leaves Negril at 8:30 am every thursday,once we have the minimum
    amount of persons to go. Please don't hesitate to book with Rocky
    for this breath taking and fun filled day out. For more information
    please email or call us.

email:rockystours@yahoo.com
    Tel: 1876-1877 office
    mobile: 1876-370-7915
    Last edited by ROCKY'S TAXI AND TOURS; 02-11-2014 at 11:46 AM.

User Info Menu

Re: Did You Know

Hi Rocky! I'm really enjoying your facts about Jamaica. I'm very interested in your Thursday tour but afraid I'll be too hung over from the bar crawl the day before! Do you have a large group for Thursday, March 7?

My group will see you Saturday morning at the airport. Can't wait to see you again!

Sara

User Info Menu

Hi Sara we are happy that you are enjoying the facts. I don't have any bookings as yet for the 7th but your group would be fine to go.
    when you decide please let me know its $100us per person and the price includes entrance fee to all 3 attractions, lunch and transportation.
    No worries looking forward to seeing you all.

User Info Menu

Did you know

Hippies were followed closely by the better-heeled visitor whose concept of paradise went beyond a hammock and palm-thatched bohio; so luxury hotels began to sprout. The eighties saw even more expansion as Negril's fame spread and those same hippies, now lawyers, doctors and businessmen, began to return to recapture the idyll for a couple of weeks each year.

The hippies left their mark forever on Negril, and helped to create its carefree, unhurried atmosphere where friendships spring up between visitor and local, making Negril the ideal place to meet Jamaicans on their own turf.

Nowadays the people of Negril seem to be aware of their uniqueness and exhibit a pride in their territory which almost becomes a nationalistic attitude. They take great delight in telling the tale of the promoter who marketed Negril so skillfully that one arriving tourist was heard to exclaim: "But this is Jamaica, I thought we were going to the island of Negril".