Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question for long term visitors now retired

User Info Menu

Question for long term visitors now retired

I have traveled for the last 41 years to Negril and for as long as I can remember we have stayed for 9 or 10 days and have always included Valentine's Day in the mix as well as presidents b,day so I don't miss work. We had stayed two weeks pre kids and felt that was long enuff
    Will be retiring end of the year . Just thinking going forward how long we would really like to stay since we can and also the possibility of going in April to save a few bucks on the rooms. Anyone have a similar deal?

User Info Menu

Re: Question for long term visitors now retired

We've been doing a lot of the calendar over the past 20-something years, and only twice did we go in the high season. Until this reach (leaving tomorrow FINALLY), we've always done AI for 8-10 nights. We retired last year and for various reasons did not make it to JA, but with this year being our 40th anniversary, we decided on splitting two weeks between the AI and a beach hotel. We'd like, in the future, to go more often and for longer, and we watch for specials here to see if we can gain that flexibility, with some success.

Congrats on your upcoming retirement, and good luck!

User Info Menu

Smile Re: Question for long term visitors now retired

Quote Originally Posted by original spanky View Post
    I have traveled for the last 41 years to Negril and for as long as I can remember we have stayed for 9 or 10 days and have always included Valentine's Day in the mix as well as presidents b,day so I don't miss work. We had stayed two weeks pre kids and felt that was long enuff
    Will be retiring end of the year . Just thinking going forward how long we would really like to stay since we can and also the possibility of going in April to save a few bucks on the rooms. Anyone have a similar deal?
    don't worry about the price in high season because in a lot of places once u stay a month or longer the price is greatly reduced and a lot of places by half. you'll have to get over that "2 weeks is long enough" syndrom though. good luck in your retirement. once u retire, every day is saturday

User Info Menu

Since retirement, we have opted to stay longer one time a year...rather than go twice with shorter stays. The flight prices have raised so much that it just made more sense to us to stay 24 or so days. It isn't easy to wait an entire year but so nice to be there and chill for a while.
    Enjoy your retirement!!
    [url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

User Info Menu

Appreciate the comments and suggestions.

User Info Menu

you can get a room quite a bit cheaper for 4 weeks than 3 weeks. As previously stated half price for 4 weeks is quite a bit less than full price for 3 weeks.

User Info Menu

Boogzy - where are you getting monthly deals during high season - I have not had any luck finding monthly rates.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kathyl View Post
    Boogzy - where are you getting monthly deals during high season - I have not had any luck finding monthly rates.
    Presently staying at Ja B's. Other previous are Seascape and Tropical Breeze. Yellowbird will probably cut u a deal for one of their sleep cabins. There are many others so maybe some of the other boardies can add to the list

User Info Menu

I helped someone make a decision who was staying for 4 weeks Feb-Mar. They chose Ocean Wave Villas via VRBO for just under $2000, $66/night. They have kitchenettes and she did a lot of cooking. It's a different experience staying for that length of time, an AI would get very old as well as expensive. I'd love to do it.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Melody View Post
    I helped someone make a decision who was staying for 4 weeks Feb-Mar. They chose Ocean Wave Villas via VRBO for just under $2000, $66/night. They have kitchenettes and she did a lot of cooking. It's a different experience staying for that length of time, an AI would get very old as well as expensive. I'd love to do it.
    $2000 a month-wow-is ur last name rockerfeller.I can get 4 one bedroom appartments for that price.