Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HIGH TIMES World Cannabis Cup in Negril, Jamaica from November 12-15, 2015.

User Info Menu

HIGH TIMES World Cannabis Cup in Negril, Jamaica from November 12-15, 2015.

http://www.hightimes.com/read/high-t...ES+Magazine%29

i for one am thinking about booking a vacation to Negril for this. my guess is that there will be some haters but one has to agree that it will fill up a few hotel rooms. any ideas on where it will take place?

rob feel free to delete

User Info Menu

Re: HIGH TIMES World Cannabis Cup in Negril, Jamaica from November 12-15, 2015.

Had I known about this when I booked my upcoming trip, I might have waited a bit to be there for this. I tend to split my vacation budget between Amsterdam and Negril, and the truth is I prefer Amsterdam but can't afford to go as often as I can afford to go to Negril.

Yes, one of the reasons I go to Negril is so I can partake in subs in relative peace. It would be nice if through the changes in the laws and events like this, that one day you will be able to purchase ganja just as you would a red stripe. I imagine the overall quality of the ganja will go up, and those selling garbage will be run out of business. We would even be able to talk openly here about who has the best stuff, great deals, etc!

User Info Menu

Just got back from the Cannabis Cup in Denver to see this.....and although cool, it breaks my heart. Not because I have any sort of issue with it, but because its happening ONE WEEK after I come home from Jamaica. Extending my stay or changing dates isn't an option, as I've already scheduled the max Negril time we cold possible afford this go-round! However, if its a success, I look forward to attending it future. The two Cups I've attended (2014,2015) in Denver both were awesome experiences, and I can only imagine something similar in Jamaica!!

User Info Menu

I wish it were a month or so later.

User Info Menu

Any news where ya think this will be held? Usually it involves like a convention center or something right? I just can't imagine where they will hold the event.....

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by buddyismybud View Post
    Any news where ya think this will be held? Usually it involves like a convention center or something right? I just can't imagine where they will hold the event.....
    I was thinking the same thing. They could hold it outside like at MX3?

We were planning a trip for October. Glad we didn't book because this may change things. I always wanted to go to a HT CC.

Blue Cave Castle '12, '13 '14 '15 '16 Catcha Falling Star '13 Boardwalk Village '14 '15

User Info Menu

Yeah, wondering about logistics too. Not sure how it works in Denver, but in the original Amsterdam cup, each retailer would have one or two entries; judges bought them at each shop at a discounted price and submitted their ballots at a central location. The awarding of prizes also took place at one central location, but the purchase and sampling took place at coffeeshops around the city.

In the absence of proper retail establishments in Negril, wondering how this will work. Another attraction of the Amsterdam cup is the potential to sample goods from around the world (Lebanon, Morocco, Nepal, Thailand and yes Jamaica).

High Times is billing the Negril event as a "World cup" so I'd imagine the same variety will be available - just curious as to how that will work, logistically speaking...

User Info Menu

Im with you MOJOMATIC. How does the contestants get the product to Jamaica with out issues? Private Jet perhaps!! We should ask El PresiDante!! HAHA

User Info Menu

Good question, and I'm guessing it'll be answered in time. On a past trip to Negril, a Russian mega-yacht was anchored offshore and sent a smaller boat in and out with people, and presumably light cargo.

Another importation idea might involve bringing in samples under diplomatic protection, perhaps from the Netherlands or an African nation on friendly terms with the Jamaican government.

I'm sure there are many channels on to the island and lots of hardworking people dedicated to putting on a good Cup, so we'll see how this plays out!

User Info Menu

im starting to think that this cannabis cup isnt going to happen. has anyone heard anything at all?