Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: What you wished you knew...

User Info Menu

Re: What you wished you knew...

Quote Originally Posted by K&A View Post
    We are taking our first trip to Negril from 5/15 - 5/30 for our honeymoon. Both of us have traveled our fair share, but this will be a first for both of us to Jamaica.

I finished school last week, but she still has work, so while I don’t have a distraction I am obsessively reading through past trip reports and other good threads here.

I thought it would be interesting to ask the good folks here, what do you wish you knew before you went to Negril for the first time?

K&A.

Congratulation and enjoy your stay in Negril!

Please contact us if you do not have arranged for your airport transfer to Negril as yet . One or our drivers will be pleased to pick you up and take care of you.

We offer visitors a safe and hassle-free way to visit the Island. All our drivers are very knowledgeable of Jamaica’s history, culture, music, and traditions and with a wide experience. They are also excellent and conscious drivers and can provide amazing insights into the local areas.

Our taxi are always sitting in Negril and ready for short and long distance transfers. Anywhere you are in Negril you call us and we will reach you in less than ten minutes. We are located in the heart of Negril and we are a good option if you're going to stay there. All our taxi have red plate

Don't worry about finding us. Get in touch with us and we will drive to you for pickup. We would be keen to take you around and be part of your vacation!!

You can learn more checking out our website, facebook page and tripadvisor reviews

Phone (876) 3624906 or (876) 540 4009
    email: crossjamaicatours@gmail.com
    www.crossjamaicatours.com

Owen

User Info Menu

Same here; well said!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phineasfreakears View Post
    Looking back to way back when,(1988) coming to Jamaica for the first time, the excitement of the unknown and experiencing Negril without any prior knowledge was as big as a rush as I could ever imagine. There is really nothing that I wish I already knew, some things you just have to find out for yourself. Of course, there was no internet or message boards to scan for information either then, so the only info came from travel brochures or maybe a friend who had already been there. My advice is to blaze your own trail, have fun, find out for yourself the do"s and dont's, be smart, be safe, don't do anything stupid that you wouldn't do in any other town you are not familiar with.
    Same here; well said!

User Info Menu

Bring some bug spray to keep the sand fleas off your legs in the early (before 8:30) mornings and at dusk.
    If you are worried about something, do something about it. If there is nothing you can do, why worry!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by M&G Montreal View Post
    You can use other (most) properties' if you eat and drink there
    If you're staying at an AI, bring a Bubba mug
    Power (referred to as current) goes down regularly - a pocket flash light is quite handy
    Link up with some boardies (follow the web casts ... )
    Thanks to everyone for their feedback!

I'm glad to know that the resorts aren't black boxes, A is interested in some spa time. We have over 20 years hospitality experience between us and for us an AI is just never going to feel comfortable. We elected to try out Banana Shout, they had a crazy discount on their off season rates. I'm also happy to have any excuse to bust out my LED head-lamp, I seriously use that thing around the house even when the lights do work. As for linking up with boardies, we are looking forward to meeting all sorts of folks. If anyone is going to be in Negril and wants at least one free round on us feel free to send a PM our way!

User Info Menu

I like that you're staying on the cliffs for your first trip, you're gonna have a great time. From what I know, Banana Shout has a very chill vibe....

Two things:

Please please please be extremely careful when walking on the west end (best end)

Be just as careful if you decide to jump off any cliffs.
    Last edited by TizzyATX; 05-11-2015 at 11:53 AM.
    Stir IT UP

User Info Menu

Leave the BLING at home.'
    Pack less clothes
    Take more CASH
    NEVER EVER EXCHANGE CURRENCY ON THE STREET NEVER!

User Info Menu

For sure leave the bling at home, try to pack only all cotton material clothes and bring plenty of $1.00 for tips and I agree not to make many plans just take it as it comes and enjoy the journey because every day is a different adventure. Have a great time.
    Rosalie
    Once u go u know

User Info Menu

Jamaicans are friendlier and more out-going than you may be used to!

User Info Menu

One good tip I think is to exchange money at a cambio to have some Jamaican currency as many times it seems cheaper to buy drinks..ect ..do not exchange at the airport!