Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Credit card fraud

User Info Menu

Re: Credit card fraud

I have never had a problem but I do not use a CC much while there. I take along a CC that I don't use everyday so it is very easy to monitor, only a few transactions for my stay and I watch it for a couple of month after. Low credit limit on the spare card so can't get in to much trouble. I did use it at the duty free store in MB and had no issues but they did have a chip reader and used my pin.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by meinvancouver View Post
    I have never had a problem but I do not use a CC much while there. I take along a CC that I don't use everyday so it is very easy to monitor, only a few transactions for my stay and I watch it for a couple of month after. Low credit limit on the spare card so can't get in to much trouble. I did use it at the duty free store in MB and had no issues but they did have a chip reader and used my pin.
    i also used my pin . . . they put another transaction through, somehow, without the pin!! that is the transaction the cc company disputed and got returned!

User Info Menu

Happen to me. CC skimmed at restaurant and then within an hour was used at another hotel to get cash. CC company the card was swiped at the hotel. Employees of both places in on it obviously.
    CC company reversed it and 2 employees from the hotel went to court, never found out the outcome.
    Unfortunately the manager and cops could not figure out who at the first hotel/restaurant was in on it, so the manager told me he fired everyone on duty that night. I was sad to hear that, BUT as it turned out a couple in the table next to us had theirs skimmed also and within hours had $3000 US charged in MoBay.
    Soon come!

User Info Menu

And sometimes 'it giveth'... Checked my account and saw several ABM transactions posted this week; called my bank right away. They cancelled my debit card and began to enter a fraud investigation. As the service rep was doing this she noticed the transactions are Deposits, not withdrawals! We'll wait a few days and see if they get reversed.