Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Credit card fraud

User Info Menu

Re: Credit card fraud

Me nevah have no problem

Cap

linston@redplate-negril.com

User Info Menu

I just had this happen .
    I was there april 18 to 26 was supposed to be til may 3 but had a scooter accident and went home a week early
    so the other day I get my statement and there's a charge that shouldn't be.
    turned out to be a store in Kingston
    I only used my card for deposit on said scooter, paid for damage in cash and got the carbon copy back
    wonder if I should call scooter guy?

User Info Menu

Call your CC company and dispute the charge ASAP

Cap
    Last edited by captaind & Linston; 05-22-2015 at 06:31 PM.

linston@redplate-negril.com

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by gregandkelly63 View Post
    This is why I always use cash in Jamaica.

I always get flamed for saying I always pay cash. But in 14 trips to Jamaica I've never had a problem.
    The only "flaming" that I remember, which was just people offering friendly advice, was that you pay in US cash. Which is fine, it's just more expensive than converting to J.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Negril1990 View Post
    I just had this happen .
    I was there april 18 to 26 was supposed to be til may 3 but had a scooter accident and went home a week early
    so the other day I get my statement and there's a charge that shouldn't be.
    turned out to be a store in Kingston
    I only used my card for deposit on said scooter, paid for damage in cash and got the carbon copy back
    wonder if I should call scooter guy?
    negril1990: call your cc company, i disputed my duty free charges, had to send in my receipt and fill out a form letter. just got the amount credited back to my account. . . . cash at duty free from now on . . . never had an issue using my cc for my hotel all these years.

User Info Menu

Called CC they were nice and helpful. Alls good now but Jamaica beat me up a little this reach

User Info Menu

Not just for paying US. I was told how I was going to be robbed. It was in more than just one thread.
    July 1993*, Feb 2003, Aug 2005, April 2007, Feb 2008, Feb 2009, April 2010, Nov 2010, Nov 2011, Nov 2012, March 2013*, Nov 2013, Nov 2014, March 2015*, Nov 2015*, April 2016*, Oct 2016, Nov 2017*, May 2018*, Nov 2018*, Oct/Nov 2019*, Dec 2020*, Dec 2021*, May 2022* (Portland), Dec 2022* (Irish Town/Strawberry Hill), Dec 2023*, Dec 2024*

User Info Menu

Oh, I must have missed that then. Apologies.

User Info Menu

never let the card out of you sight, I take my card to the cashier and watch as the transaction is processed, they got me once with a card reader.

User Info Menu

AGAIN ........... happened twice to us in Chicago ................. it can happen anywhere ............... use the same safe guards no matter where you go ! !

PS ............... review your bill each month and contest every charge that is bonus ............ no matter where you are traveling .......... or even in your home town