Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best property with kitchen?

User Info Menu

Best property with kitchen?

I'd like to get down to Negril this summer and have a room with kitchen. Safety and upkeep are priorities, as well as fellow guests occupying the property during the quiet summer season. I like quiet, but not eerie quiet. Hellloooooo?

Last summer, I spent a little time on the beach visiting a friend at Negril Beach Club. While my trips started here in 1990 and I've watched it struggle with a hit or miss status for years, it seems to have lost that battle. Correct me if I'm wrong!

I booked a room last June/July at Coral Seas BEACH and it had recently been repurchased by its original owner (CS Garden). It was desolate, barely running except for the work being done on it, and simply "not ready for prime time." Since then, I continue to see it on Expedia, but still not a single review on Trip Advisor.

That leaves me with this list
    :
    • Rondel Village
    • Travellers
    • White Sands
    • Beachcomber - stayed at many years ago and loved it, but have heard they've taken the plunge
    • Tree House
    • Nirvana
    • Our Past Time
    • Crystal Waters - stayed here for one night many years ago
    • Yoga Center - stayed here many years ago
    • Beach House Villas - stayed here 7 yrs ago, but very $$$

I haven't kept up with the message boards so I am out of the loop. My last two trips were to Sunset at the Palms and Charela Inn. I love both of these properties, but if I stay longer than one week, I need a more budget-friendly property.

Any help would be very much appreciated!

~ Riz

User Info Menu

Re: Best property with kitchen?

Pure Garden has 2 large rooms in the back by the pool upstairs that are really nice.One nice size airconditioned bedroom with shared deck in front and a full large kitchen with a shared patio and entrance in back.Summer rates are reasonable.

User Info Menu

Thank you, Shooter! The reviews on Trip Advisor are all good.. it says you access the beach at its sister property. Is that the same name?

User Info Menu

Rizla, I believe you access the beach through Bourbon Beach - just across the street - but could obviously walk through many properties. Keep Coral Seas Garden in mind also. Same mindset, same area, Great summer rates, and a few units are set up with a kitchen. They are just a few properties closer to the roundabout from Pure Garden.

User Info Menu

We like Rondel villas with the kitchen, go back every year.

User Info Menu

Pure Garden is managing Bourbon Beach, and it is a nice place to hang on the beach. It's a nice location too, You have 2 small grocery stores next door and across the street. The small one next to Pure Garden has veggies,eggs,dairy and sometimes poultry plus all the other stuff you need. Times Square is next door too.If you have questions you can message me. I've stayed there 3 or 4 times.

User Info Menu

We've stayed at Nirvana numerous times in the Owner's Villa. Amazing beachfront location with full kitchen and cook service for one meal a day. Highly recommended if it fits your budget.

User Info Menu

Rizia, not familiar with many of the properties you list, but can confirm shooter 1's recommendation. I just spent 2 weeks at Pure Garden and the rooms at the back of the property are quiet. In summer you can likely have your choice of rooms - most are well shaded by big bamboo trees while others are not. Although I am not a big fan of AC the rooms do not have fans, you may need AC in June/July. Some rooms have modern units while in others the AC just takes the edge off the heat. The restaurant in the pool area - run by Filo & Francesco formerly of Enjoy the Vibes - was still open but it sounded like they were going to close for the summer. To me this section of beach road has lots of activity - good & not so good - but beach access is easy via BB or alleys by Bar Bbarn (or even Kuyaba).

The staff at Pure Garden is also excellent, from the front desk to the gardener. If you are planning a long term stay I would speak with Vincent or Cari Ann and negotiate a price. They are very pleasant & will work with you.

Happy trails!

User Info Menu

I've stayed at Travellers superior kitchenette. Very well equipped, comfortable and spacious. Large bathroom and counter, tub/shower combo. Kitchenette area is separate from bedroom area, double sinks, smaller fridge, hot plate, microwave, coffee pot, toaster, cupboards, counter, dishes. Paid $118/night high season so should have good summer prices. I was also upgraded to a suite which had two balconies, large kitchen with full stove and fridge and separate living room area. Both have good AC. Great staff and management.

Treehouse is great as well. Their one bedroom suites are amazing. There was a Groupon deal which still may be available, but for standard rooms only...you could inquire about upgrading. There is at least one standard studio room, not sure what kitchen facilities that consists of, but fridge for sure.

User Info Menu

Travellers beach resort is awesome. The suite is huge and well maintained. Great place. Very safe, great people own this resort and they have great employees. I won't stay anywhere else. They have become like family.