Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Here!! And hopefully I can do a trip report?

User Info Menu

Here!! And hopefully I can do a trip report?

You will find we are "boring" vacationers. But as I sit here on the beach this morning, I think about all of the fabulous trip reports that got me through winter and my off time. So I would like to try and pay back if I can. So here is my try at an on sight trip report.

FRIDAY
    After giggling and not really sleeping because we were too excited for our tenth trip, we got out of the bed at 4am to get ready to head to the airport. Security screening and everything went well. Had a very brief layover in Atlanta. Maybe 30 minutes before boarding. 2nd flight here was fabulous. Our first time flying first class. (Thanks to miles!) we had mimosas and lunch. We were in the very first seats on the plane and planned on trying to get out of there fast to be close to the front for immigration. As we come down the ramps we saw soooo many people! They had the automated kiosks open. They had a snaking queue line for it in addition to the snaking lines for the "regular" immigration lines. I chose the regular lines. WRONG! Should have picked the automated as those lines went waayyy faster! Probably spent an hour getting through immigration and customs.
    Met our driver outside. LOVE that first breathe if hot humid air that guys your face when you step outside for the first time.
    We usually got straight to Hi Lo in Negril. This time we thought we would stop at the Hi Lo in Montego bAy. They have a money exchange inside. Exchanged money and did some shopping. They didn't have the ready made rum punch that husband loves. So we ended up going to the high Lo in Negril anyway!
    Unloaded the van and checked into our room around 4ish. Ahhhhh- we are HOME! Put things that needed to be in the fridge away and went to get dinner. We were exhausted and didn't want to go too far so we ate at Rondel. Both of us had grilled snapper. It was so good!! Walked back to our room. Sat on the verandah for a bit and watched our first sunset.
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 557
Size:  87.6 KB

We unpacked and got settled in and fell asleep quite early!

SATURDAY
    MY husband, Murf, likes to get up early in Jamaica. Like 5am early. I hear the alarm and wake him to turn it off but it was 4am!! I told him that I know he is so excited to get on the beach- but that is just a little ridiculous! So he waited till 5. Got up and made coffee and went out to watch the beach wake up. I went back to sleep for a couple hours. Once I got up, had some coffee on the beach with him. We went in and changed into swimsuits. Got our little cooler filled with beer and planted ourselves on the beach for the day! I ended up with a terrible sinus headache. We did manage to walk to the fruit lady to stock up on some essential fruits! I brought some sinus headache meds with me just in case. I tried to avoid taking them because I knew they would make me sleepy. I ended up having to take them as my headache got so bad I thought I would be sick! Took a nap for a couple of hours during the rains.
    I had a massage right on my verandah. It was so relaxing! While I was having a massage, Murf went down to Chances to get us a pizza for dinner. He got back right around the time I was finishing. Perfect timing!
    Ate dinner on the verandah. Visited with some other guests here for a bit. Had a few drinks and smokes then went to bed.

SUNDAY
    To come later!!!

User Info Menu

Re: Here!! And hopefully I can do a trip report?

sounds just lovely! easy and relaxing . . .

User Info Menu

more please!!!!!!!

Thanks,

VVHT, soon come, but not soon enough!

User Info Menu

Yes excellently written report. Thanks.

User Info Menu

Sounds awesome! I'll be there Saturday and I can't wait.

Sponsor

User Info Menu

Nice so far!

User Info Menu

THANKs for taking the time to post your report.
    ..emotionally it has helped me a LOT as I sit-here waiting to hop on a plane for Jamaica

* sigh *

only 6-more hours and i'm outta-here...!!..
    .. to start my *boring* vacation
    be hapPpy

User Info Menu

you all can bore us with your trip reports!!

waiting for smith744 . . .

User Info Menu

Agreed JitterBug. Hope Smith will take us along; especially his video walking adventures.

User Info Menu

Great report. Keep it coming!
    Missing Jamaica