Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: First trip to Port Antonio..Fly into Kingston or Montego Bay?

User Info Menu

Re: First trip to Port Antonio..Fly into Kingston or Montego Bay?

I paid a driver to drive me from Kingston to Pa ....much too much! and traveling from Pa to Negril would be cost prohibited in my opinion. Knutsford is a very comfortable and on time ride. no stops along the way like with a private driver but it would take you the same 5.5-6 hrs whether by bus or driver and less money.

User Info Menu

Thanks for the suggestions Sammyb. I appreciate it. I"m starting a PA notebook with places and phone numbers.
    I am going to keep a watch on airfare and figure in the cost of all the variables before I decide on where to fly into . If we do choose Kingston airport for arrival we would have to fly out of JFK in New York..Plus of that is REALLY early flight and cost on Caribbean Air is no more than our Southwest out of Baltimore to Montego Bay. Downside is we prefer flying out of Baltimore.Also we're so familiar with Sangster airport that I'm inclined to go with the familiar. But nothing wrong with a new adventure. We're also kicking around the idea..if we can swing it... of adding a day so that we have 3 FULL days in Port Antonio since we'll be leaving early for Negril on the day we transfer there.
    And thank you again Babalew for your help. Where can I find your trip report? Is it on here somewhere? I really would like to do the bike tour, I considered it in the past when we spent a few days in Ocho Rios. But as usually happens with us.... we get lazy. Hoping that maybe since its right there we'll be motivated to do it.

User Info Menu

Shell...if you scroll down the Port antonio message board to feb 23 2013, i did several posts and pictures. i'm not saavy enough to provide you a link.