Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: May 19 to June 2 - The bachelor party, the wedding, drive to Portland and back etc

User Info Menu

Re: May 19 to June 2 - The bachelor party, the wedding, drive to Portland and back e

Everyone is up and ready to rock and roll EARLY on Wednesday. At this point we have 5 of us staying at yellow bird, with one last person arriving today to stay - but a few others meeting up to party.

We walk down to Bar B Barn for breakfast which somehow turns into rum punch at 9:30am? I guess this is bachelor party stuff, no?

After a few drinks we decide to hang out at bourbon beach for a couple hours. No hustlers around, so it was nice. We sat there and drank some stripes and watch the water.

I got a text from my buddy, and it reminded me that we were to meet at yellow bird at noon. The plan was to hike up to redground, for some red dragon and collettes bar.

Which we did.

At red dragon there were these 2 crazy old irish guys who wanted to arm wrestle my brother and I, because they believed we were Scottish?

Dont worry. We beat them, and there will be pictures to follow. It was a good time.

We walked back later, because my best friend from college was due to arrive at yellow bird. On the way we went for a swim in the ocean.

More to come.

User Info Menu

Re: May 19 to June 2 - The bachelor party, the wedding, drive to Portland and back e

And thanks everyone for the nice comments. I appreciate it.

User Info Menu

On a side note. We had to carry my one buddy home. Literally carry, because he was so ****faced. All the way from Sun Beach to Yellow Bird.

User Info Menu

Too much Fun, sun and rum! Never seen that before!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Flipadelphia26 View Post
    On a side note. We had to carry my one buddy home. Literally carry, because he was so ****faced. All the way from Sun Beach to Yellow Bird.

User Info Menu

We got back to Yellow Bird. We are awaiting my best friend from college and my old employer from college. My best man decides that this would be a good time to go retrieve his pants for the wedding, from his parents. They were at couples.

My buddy shows up, my old boss shows up. Rob and Lisa show up. A few passers by attending to the wedding show up. All was going well. Everyone left, besides those whom were participating in the bachelor festivities. No best man.

Best man shows up about 2 hours later. He tells me, within the last 2-3 hours he had LOST THE DAMN PANTS!

User Info Menu

Luckily Godwin was just a phonecall away. Godwin took Bestman back to couples and they "Investigated". Godwin knows most of the cabbies around negril and narrowed the search down to a few different people. He got the right one on the phone, and confirmed that the pants were in the back of the cab. The pants were returned.

Later that night all of the fellas made way to bourbon beach, as well as Las Vegas negril. Then back to yellow bird late night. Where we ran out of beer. So I went to Bourbon beach and bought a crate of beer off of them. Had a great night.

User Info Menu

Name:  20150520_104416.jpg
Views: 706
Size:  91.4 KB
    Name:  20150520_135227.jpg
Views: 700
Size:  89.3 KB
    Name:  20150520_124557.jpg
Views: 677
Size:  97.3 KB
    Name:  20150520_115638.jpg
Views: 608
Size:  91.5 KB

User Info Menu

awsome. Congrats!
    Great read, can't believe you tracked down the pants.

User Info Menu

The next day, I am not really sure what we did during the day. I am fairly certain we just relaxed. Rehearsal was that night. Actually, I do sort of remember. I walked my buddy captain ron up to his hotel. (negril palms). Saw my bride. She joined us for the walk. Got detoured at Treehouse. I had many friends staying there, and that is where the rehearsal dinner was. Had a Rum Punch. Enjoyed some laughs. Agreed to meet Jackie at her room to get dressed for rehearsal.

FFW

I tell my best man, when he needed to join us for rehearsal.

Best man and 3 groomsmen are about an hour late. They went to the wrong hotel. He literally walked by the hotel we were being married at and pointed it out. And on to rehearsal dinner hotel.

They eventually make it. Rehearsal is 10 mins.

We head to the dinner. It was very well done. Gail did an outstanding job.

Dad gave a speech. Got Jackie's last name wrong.

During dinner. I was tapped on the shoulder by one of my best friends. "Captain Ron is out dude". I literally thought he was dead. He passed out at dinner due to heat and, dehydration. I looked at my buddy and said "I think Ron is dead". My mom revived him with some ice to the back of the neck.

Did some flaming bob marleys at bar. Went to bed by 11.
    Last edited by Flipadelphia26; 06-17-2015 at 09:42 AM.

User Info Menu

Ahhh Flip, you are so funny! Congratulations to you and Jackie! Sounds like a really good time, and I imagine Yellow Bird was a great hangout for you and your friends.