Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: May 19 to June 2 - The bachelor party, the wedding, drive to Portland and back etc

User Info Menu

Re: May 19 to June 2 - The bachelor party, the wedding, drive to Portland and back e

Nice!

User Info Menu

Re: May 19 to June 2 - The bachelor party, the wedding, drive to Portland and back e

Quote Originally Posted by Flipadelphia26 View Post
    LOL, I didnt take that shot. I didnt have any of the pics from that day on my phone, so I google imaged the Winnifred beach shot. The second 2 are my own.
    haha. what a stand up dude. Likely some postproduction going on then.

User Info Menu

when I find a minute, I will do a photo dump form my camera and post a bunch of randoms.

User Info Menu

Nice report, and contrats on the nuptials.

User Info Menu

Thanks Tah

LOONG DAY COMING!

Up Early. We are packed, double check to make sure we haven't left anything behind.

Nope,

all good.

We are back on the road. Lot's of people on their way to work at 7am. It reminded me a lot of back home. Except, way more people in the backs of pickup trucks. We had a very uneventful ride into Ochi, where the plan was to climb the falls. We arrived at the falls just as the gates opened. Not a single tourist in site. We get to the bottom of the falls and we literally have the whole falls to ourselves.

Name:  Falls 1.jpg
Views: 499
Size:  92.5 KB
    Name:  Falls 2.jpg
Views: 503
Size:  93.8 KB

We took off from Ochi after a great hike up the falls. We didnt see another tourist until we reached the exit. By then, the vans and busses were lining up. What a great choice we made, to get there early.

On the way from Ochi, to Mobay. I got pulled over for speeding.

User Info Menu

Flip, you two are very very lucky! Glad it worked! Very envious! Last time I did Dunn's, it was me and 500 tourists!

User Info Menu

this is soooo GOOD!

User Info Menu

So,

We are pulled over and my wife is freaking out. LOL. The worst I expected was a shakedown for some cash.

Anyways, the cop asks for our papers. All good.

Asks if we knew we were speeding. I say "We were just following the cars in front of us, and no overtaking"

He said "Car in front hit breaks when he saw us, you didn't"

Me "...."

Cop - "What business do you have here on the road"

Me - "Driving to negril from PA, on Honeymoon etc etc"

Cop - "Normally it would be a 7,000 JA fine, but we dont want to ruin your honeymoon, so please slow down and drive safely."

No worries. Back on the road.

We make it back to Negril, and to Treehouse, where we have a beach front suite for the last four nights.

I drop the car back with Rambo. He's a little pissed that we were a few hours late. I lied and said we hit traffic, explained how far we'd come. He was cool. Drove me back to treehouse.

We hit the Treehouse bar. I smashed a rum punch, and we decided to go to drifters. Made a stop at sunny side on the way. It is Friday after all.

We go to drifters. Luddy greets us and congratulates us on our nuptials.

We spend a few hours there.

Decided, bacon mac n cheese at Connie's was what we needed for dinner. We ate. Caught up with connie.

Stopped at blue iris, then made our way to Susan's bar.

We knocked up for Godwin. He asked us into his house. He was sharing peppa shrimp with his lovely girlfriend tina.

He tells us hysterical version of helping my Best an recover the pants.

Godwin gives us a ride back to drifters, where we meet up with Rob and Lisa. Where meet some new friends and long time visitors of negril.

We spend a few more hours there, until Luddy gives us the boot. We drive up and down the west end road. Then eventually we end up back at tree house around midnight.

LONG DAY.

Some pics:
    Treehouse
    Name:  Treehouse.jpg
Views: 488
Size:  50.0 KB
    Sunnyside
    Name:  Sunnyside.jpg
Views: 477
Size:  80.9 KB
    Drifters
    Name:  Drifters.jpg
Views: 464
Size:  37.4 KB

User Info Menu

Connie's
    Name:  Connies.jpg
Views: 478
Size:  54.9 KB
    Dessert
    Name:  Desert.jpg
Views: 395
Size:  47.1 KB
    Blue iris
    Name:  Blue iris.jpg
Views: 461
Size:  47.1 KB
    Last edited by Flipadelphia26; 07-02-2015 at 12:04 PM.

User Info Menu

the next day we were had plans to hang out on the porch and watch the ocean, then head to Calico Jack's pirate shack.

Rob had arranged for Steve positive to pick us up and take us out.

I had never been to Half moon before, so that was pretty cool. Out at the shack there's tons of hermit crabs running around. It was a cool excursion.

After, we were treated to some dinner at Ivans. It was awesome.

Early to bed.