Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 10 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: May 19 to June 2 - The bachelor party, the wedding, drive to Portland and back etc

User Info Menu

May 19 to June 2 - The bachelor party, the wedding, drive to Portland and back etc

I will start updating this sometime in the next couple days. I just arrived back to the office with an org restructure and about 1000 unread emails.

To get this kicked off, 2 of my best friends my brother and I got up at bout 5:00 am to pile into the car to ride to BWI. We are meeting other friends at yellow bird, where we have 2 cottages rented out. The 3 days leading to the "Big Day" will be the bachelor party and rehearsal. This is where my best man has both failed epically and delivered an absolute homerun all in the course of 48 hours.

The story of failure starts about 12 hours prior to departure. Where he texts me to make sure that he is supposed to wear khaki shorts and a white shirt for the ceremony. I had sent the groomsman links to amazon several times, with the correct exact pants to wear. I thought I was making it easy. Turns out he ignored the texts or something.......
    Last edited by Flipadelphia26; 06-03-2015 at 07:55 AM.

User Info Menu

Re: May 19 to June 2 - The bachelor party, the wedding, drive to Portland and back e

Best man solves the pants problem - For now.

He overnights the pants to his parents, who will be joining the wedding festivities in Negril, just a few days later. All good. The pants make it to the island, but the pants saga is far from over.

We had an uneventful flight. Southwest found out I was getting married and comped our group 3 rounds of Jack and cokes. Made for a good flight. We were met by our usual driver Godwin AKA African. He loaded up all over our stuff, he was prepared with a cooler of beers and some sub ingredients. We had an easy drive into negril, with a brief stop at Sky Bar.

We got all checked into Yellow Bird, and decided to get to drinking. We made a pass up the beach, saw my bride to be and her family. Picked up one of my groomsman at his hotel and made our way back down to the beach, where another groomsman was due to checkin shortly.

My memory is fuzzy, about the rest of the events of the evening :-P

User Info Menu

Re: May 19 to June 2 - The bachelor party, the wedding, drive to Portland and back e

Name:  20150519_132355.jpg
Views: 1203
Size:  98.3 KB
    Name:  20150519_161809.jpg
Views: 1084
Size:  96.1 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  

User Info Menu

Oh son of a *****.

User Info Menu

This is gonna be good!

User Info Menu

Flip, good start!

More please...

VVHT, soon come, but not soon enough!

User Info Menu

Thank you Flip. So glad you are doing this so we all get to see it.

User Info Menu

Congrats Flip!

User Info Menu

Yes congrats and looking forward to the rest of the story. This should be really good.

User Info Menu

Great start and congrats
    Missing Jamaica