Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Smoking herb on vacation

User Info Menu

Re: Smoking herb on vacation

Don't flaunt it and you will have no problem man

Cap

linston@redplate-negril.com

User Info Menu

Hi I'm a Coloradoan. We just got home on Saturday. Spent 12 days and smoked everyday just like at home. Talked to a lot of folks about Ganga and got the same response from everyone.
    1 Ganga is legal for medical ( cards available Nov 2015, and religious reasons.
    2 as long as you carry under 2 oz and don't toke and drive you will not get a ticket. The police do not currently ticket you because the government has not given them the paper tickets to do so AND if they do somehow give you the US $4.50 ticket you then have the right to contest and they then must have it lab tested for US $20.00 to prove that it is Ganga. The police can't afford that. So be smart and don't carry more than 4 sticks of green and all is well.
    Americanized places have signs prohibiting Ganga but it's rarely inforced. Ask them before you spark up.
    Local places- the response will be "why- I can get you some? Or laughter over such a silly question
    Just got back and homesick already- Sigh.......

Administrator

User Info Menu

Linder,

Excellent info for our visitors! Thanks!

One caveat, even at local, Jamaican owned places it is still proper etiquette to ask before sparking up. There are some places that have their own reasons for not wanting herb (or any smoke) in their establishment.
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Linder,

Excellent info for our visitors! Thanks!

One caveat, even at local, Jamaican owned places it is still proper etiquette to ask before sparking up. There are some places that have their own reasons for not wanting herb (or any smoke) in their establishment.
    Good point- I've only had the responses I mentioned but agree it is a good policy to ask. Plus if you get laughed at for asking, it's a great ice breaker and we've had some fun conversations because of that- thanks for the clarification!

User Info Menu

I just ate the BEST brownie in my life in Negril last month.. Amsterdam WAS #1 for a while..until now!

User Info Menu

hys420 do you mind sharing where the brownie was purchased?

Thanks,

TedP

User Info Menu

For such a silly opening this thread is sooooo informational and interesting.

User Info Menu

A beach 'vendor' named Bob the Baker (it said so on his t-shirt! :-D) had the best one of all, in the mid-beach area (your results may vary, but I'm pretty sure I saw Jah himself..!)
    Last edited by hys420; 09-12-2015 at 10:47 AM.

User Info Menu

Ps, we stay at an AI cuz my wife likes it like that, so me wayyyy overpay (even after talking down the asking price) :-( but it's all in good fun so no worries eh!

User Info Menu

hahah are you sure they didn't have mushrooms in them as well??