Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Should I walk around with my Iphone? NO WAY! Do NOT Make Yourself A Mark

User Info Menu

Re: Should I walk around with my Iphone? NO WAY! Do NOT Make Yourself A Mark

My old iPhone 4s makes a damn good camera, and it uploads nightly to the cloud. If I lose it... Meh. Buy another on eBay for $45. Not even hooked up to make calls, but just to,take and store my videos/pictures.

User Info Menu

I know so many people - including us! - who have that phone! LOL

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by M&G Montreal View Post
    I know so many people - including us! - who have that phone! LOL
    LOL, so do I . And Hussyband, I recently picked one of those up on Ebay for around the same price as a filler phone until my wife's eligible for a new one in a couple of months. It will be the next phone I take to Jamaica to unload. New Iphones hit the safe........

User Info Menu

"An iPhone makes you no more of a "mark" than being wearing shorts during the day. "

Be careful Rob. There are a lot of Boardies that would not look good walking the west end without shorts! I for one. People listen to you man.

User Info Menu

Booger you are right on but it should stand as a universal warning not just Negril. We Are having a crime wave of Cellphone thefts in Montreal right now. The local paper just issued a warning.

User Info Menu

Is the holy grail the Z10 or Q10?

Administrator

User Info Menu

For visitors to Negril, or anywhere for that matter, common sense should prevail. I have stated ways not to make your self a "mark" and it is simple common sense you should apply where ever you are.

In the years living here, this topic does come up from time to time in casual conversation. An iPhone does not make you a "mark". The cellphone shop owners in Negril tend to have an instinct when an iPhone is stolen. If the "customer" asks to make it usable, they charge between us$300 to $400 for that service depending on the model. That alone deters people from stealing iPhones, they will not be able to sell the phone to make any profit.

These are the facts. Enjoy Jamaica and use your iPhone as you see fit. Use the same caution you would use anywhere.
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

I still use my little Samsung flip phone in the US. My kids make fun of me, but every time they drop their fancy phones and have to replace them, I get the last laugh. I could bounce mine off the wall and it would be fine.

In Jamaica, I was chastised by a youngster around 12 years old; "You should not have that phone!" she said, expecting me to have the latest and greatest tech. A no heverybaddy falla fashion, seen...

User Info Menu

Hmmm, no comments that the start of this thread is just like the admonishment in 'Smoking herb on vacation thread'? LOL

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Lola View Post
    Hmmm, no comments that the start of this thread is just like the admonishment in 'Smoking herb on vacation thread'? LOL
    Both threads are reminiscent of a "my dog's bigger and badder than your dog". No matter how much you pay (cheap or extravagant) herb or a phone it's just herb and a phone.

Name:  aaCellPhone.jpg
Views: 296
Size:  11.8 KB
    Free Opinions Offered. No tipping required. Hours: Open when I feel like it.