Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Possible November reach

User Info Menu

Possible November reach

The boss and I are contemplating either a Negril or Cancun reach in November the week of Thanksgiving. How are the mosquitos, etc during that time of year in Negril?
    [/url]

Sometimes it's better to beg for forgiveness than ask for permission.

User Info Menu

Re: Possible November reach

I never really notice a difference in mosquitoes. I get bit almost always if I dont put on spray. If I put on spray, never bothered.

I will say, Thanksgiving has been my favorite time to go. Been twice.

User Info Menu

We love that time of year!

User Info Menu

I was there two days after Thanksgiving in 2013 and agree that it was a great time to go. The weather was perfect, and it was the only time I have stayed an entire trip with no AC and it was not of much concern. The weather was great, the beach was chill with near zero hassle, and businesses were getting ready for High Season to kick in. Reggae Marathon takes place the week after if you are interested. I would pass on Cancun, especially since the Sargassum is taken over the beaches. I changed my next trip from the Yucatan back to Negril due to the Sargassum issue, which is not an issue in Negril.

User Info Menu

We are booked for Thanksgiving day this year. We arrived last year on Christmas and it was great. Thanksgiving is so much less expensive. Flights right now from Ohio are $200 less then last year.

User Info Menu

Been to Negril for Thanksgiving (our anniversary)for 13 years and we love it,this will be the first time we will miss it but hopefully the last time!

User Info Menu

Went last year in November and it was perfect. Don't think there was a cloud in the sky the whole time we were there. Heading back this November too.

User Info Menu

I've been in Jamaica for the week the has the first Saturday of November for the last five years. This year will be the 6th.

Weather was just fine

Cap

linston@redplate-negril.com

User Info Menu

We have stayed in early November a couple times and echo everybody's sentiments. I would just add that airfares seem to increase if you travel closer to Thanksgiving. First and second week of November are usually OK, price-wise.

User Info Menu

thanks for the info..Will know more by the end of August if we will do the reach or not..If we do I'll look up the november rollcall and put us in it.
    [/url]

Sometimes it's better to beg for forgiveness than ask for permission.