Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Beach Questions

User Info Menu

Beach Questions

We have booked our 1st beach stay (Beach/cliff split) for January which includes Nirvana and Idle Awhile.
    Does anyone have any comments about or pictures of Sundeck I at Nirvana? I’ve read good things about the Owners Suite but I can’t find much about Sundeck I.

Is there a store within walking distance to Nirvana & Idle Awhile where we can buy beer and liquor?

Where are your favorite places to eat and drink on the beach (breakfast, lunch and dinner - nothing fancy).

Why are there buoys in the water? Can we not swim out past them?

User Info Menu

Re: Beach Questions

Shamrocks store is not far. Best in the west is across the street. Its about 5-6ft deep at the buoys, you can swim past them all you want but with the waves and the depth it can overwhelm. If you're a good swimmer more power to you... usually I'm too drunk or high.

User Info Menu

you can swim past them but be aware of the boat traffic. The glass bottom boats aren't much to be worried about, it was a lot more risky when the jet skis were around.

User Info Menu

Beach answers: Stayed next door to Idle Awhile last month (June 2015). Had one lunch at IA and it was good. Best in the West Jerk Chicken stand across the street was better than expected, but we choose to always get it to go, the seating area wasn't as clean as we would have liked, but the food was excellent.

Coco La Palm Restaurant, next door to IA was better than expected for breakfast and dinner.

Enjoy,

VVHT

User Info Menu

Sun Beach for Dinner bonfire and live music. Chances for a quick pizza. Almost any mom and pop on the morass side sidewalk. Colettas, Jah Bs, try CafeGoa for brunch. Nice surroundings, great Coffee, angry bloody Mary's and light meals.