Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Flying from Boston

User Info Menu

Flying from Boston

I've been trying to get flights from Boston to Negril and have been surprised that there appear to be zero non stops??? and mostly no good flights and no good pricing.

Can anyone give me tips on maneuvering? Right now I'm suggesting my pals come from Hartford ins tea, where the connecting flights esp through Charlotte are fast dependable and reasonable$$.

Suggestions appreciated.
    [http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

User Info Menu

Re: Flying from Boston

I miss the days when Air Jamaica was direct from Boston to Mo Bay....

June 2015 we flew Delta from Logan to NY JFK to Mo Bay and Back. Definitely cut into our vacation time, but there didn't seem to be too many choices!

FYI, round trip air fair including travel insurance for 4 adults was $1,837 total!

We choose to leave Logan at 6am and were on the beach at Coco La Palm by 2pm

Good luck!

VVHT

User Info Menu

Not being snarky, but you will not find any non stop flights to Negril from the states. I don't think the poor aerodrome can take much more than the puddle jumpers that land there.

Spirit flys out of Boston though, and they have direct flights to Montego Bay.

User Info Menu

lots of good options out of logan . Jet blue has a nonstop , but pricey, and may be only on a saturday. fly southwest . 2 free bags . no change fees . good prices and flight times . be flexible with travel days to get best fares.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Hussyband View Post
    Not being snarky, but you will not find any non stop flights to Negril from the states. I don't think the poor aerodrome can take much more than the puddle jumpers that land there.

Spirit flys out of Boston though, and they have direct flights to Montego Bay.
    Whoops, I misread.

User Info Menu

We've been flying JetBlue back to Boston from Mo'bay Non-Stop on Sat. for the past couple of years . A little pricey but when I leave the Island i just want to get it over with and get back to the house.

We usually fly down to the Island on a Wed. through Charlotte. We've never been delayed in Charlotte. Flying through Kennedy (NYC) we've had delays two out of three times regardless of the airline. My recommendation would be, book a cheap flight mid-week and then book non-stop Sat flight home, also book a club Mo'bay reservation for your departure flight . Get to the airport an hour early, enjoy a cocktail or two, and then do your shopping.
    Last edited by bigbamboo; 08-04-2015 at 08:46 PM.

User Info Menu

I take JetBlue flight 193 down in April. Nonstop and in 2016 is scheduled to leave at 7:20ish a.m.!!!! That means I'll be in MoBay around 10:30 am local.

I struggled with nonstop return flights. This year I tries USAir and will never fly with them again. It was a nonstop flight but we were delayed after a problem was discovered as we were taxiing to the runway. It wasn't the problem, it was they way the on board staff handled the problem. Two hours of sitting on the plane with nothing to do and no offerings from the flight staff, we in ally departed. Upon landing in BOS we encountered another issue and sat on the plane for another 45 minutes while they tried to get the jetway to connect to the plane. Worst flight of my life because the staff could have cared less.

2014 was AirTran. It was a decent flight and decent staff, but stopped over in Baltimore. Getting through customs and re entering the domestic wing was extremely time consuming and by the time we got to our gateway, we had to BEG the subway guy to make us a sandwich, even though he was closing. Then our flight was delayed about an hour and a half because we had to wait for a pilot to show up off of another flight.

So, I am trying a JetBlue one stop next year. It goes through FFL, I have about three hours to clear customs and get to my next gate. I hope it works out alright, but I really like JetBlue, so I'm going for it.

With JetBlue, you really need to check the pricing every day. Also, do the math.... Now that they have done tiered pricing,mead the details. Your first bag is $20 when you pre- check in and pay, or $25 when you check in and pay the day of. Sometimes you save a few bucks, sometimes it's cheaper to by the base tier and pay the $20 for your bag.... Make sense? I hope!

Anyway, I love JetBlue! Some flights are seasonal and depending on your date of travel, there are nonstop routes on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Saturdays.

Other only reason I'm not flying the nonstop back home is that it departs around 11 am and I stay in Negril. I would chose this flight only if I were staying two weeks.